Chapter 15: The Alliance

A howl sounded in the distance. My eyes slowly blinked open, and I groaned. Then another howl. That must've been what woke me up, I thought.

I got up and rolled over to check the time, the phone light temporarily blinded me but once my vision cleared, I could see that it was 3:00 am. Much earlier than my usually wake-up-time. I looked out the wind and saw at least 20 wolves. Wolves usually don't approach humans unless it's for a reason so this pack must be werewolves.

I pulled on the closest outfit to me and ran out the front door of the castle. I was not the only one it seemed because I was surrounded by vampires.

"Mutts are such opportunists, aren't you?" A familiar voice sneers as I slowly push my way past the large bodies.

"If you attack, you shouldn't be surprised when we retaliate." A voice booms.

"What attack are you making up now?" This time, I was close enough to see the front of the mob and it was Finley speaking.

"Fine, if you want to play coy. You attacked our pack last night." My eyes widened. It was the man that had attacked me in the woods, the leader of the Black Moon pack and Xios' dad. I took a slight step back to cover myself back up again, it would do me no good to have him recognize me.

"That's impossible because we were preoccupied with an attack from the hunters."

"So this isn't you?" The leader grabbed a young woman and tossed her to Finley, "Look at her neck."

He looked at it, "Not us, maybe some other vampire bite her. 'Could be one in cahoots with the hunters."

Xios' father still looked disbelieving, "If you want another war, just say so but don't forget what happened last time."

"You fucking bastard." Finley's veins popped, it would have been funny if it weren't for the fact that they looked ready to have a full on fight. I could see the other werewolves and vampires joining in.

Just before they lunged for each other I ran out and stopped them. "What are you both doing?" I yelled.

Finley was glaring at me but the leader's face was downright terrifying.

A soft yet dangerous voice spoke, "Princess, your little flower spells can't help anyone here so get out of the way." It was Anastasia.

"It's not spells I want to use, it's reason. I need all of you to see reason." I pleaded, "We have a common enemy now that could take us down if we are apart. The hunters hurt the vampires today, the hunters hurt the werewolves today. Don't focus on yesterday's enemy but the one of today."

There was a silence until the leader spoke this time, "Your speech wasn't bad, spawn of Rosalie but the problem is that for us, today's enemy are still the vampires."

"Do not sully the name of Queen Rosalie!" Finley yelled and they all ran at each other. I needed to give them another reason to stop their fighting.

"Please stop, we can't further divide ourselves!" I pleaded, this may be one of the only way to get my father back safe.

The leader was about to punch Finley when he suddenly stopped— All the werewolves stopped. "Shit." The leader cursed, "The hunter's got us."

"I told you," I yelled, "See, I told you and-" Finley looked at me with an exasperated look.

"What I mean is that we need to work together because the both the werewolves and vampires have now been attacked."

"We can always get help from the witch covens." The leader refuted.

"But their aid ends at potions, they won't go to war with you or protect your people."

"It would be a disgrace to work with the spawn of the woman that ended my son's life."

"You son isn't dead, Alexios is alive and you can meet him."

His face looked grim, "That how I know you lying, my son is named Eiron."

"He said to give him a fake name. I don't know if he remembers it, but if I can barely remember what I ate for dinner, how will a two-year-old remember a name that is never used."

"Fine, take me to my son."

"Wait," Anastasia says and Kane is behind her, "I refuse to work with an animal."

The leader scowls. "I agree," Finley walked to stand beside Anastasia and Kane.

"You're going to get us killed with that thinking. Did you not see how we were nearly decimated by the hunters? You wanna take all that on your own?"

"I won't die, we're immortal." Finley said.

"How will you protect yourself– no– us all from vervain and the wooden stakes?" I asked.

"Valerie, stop fighting us on this. You are skilled in your own ways i'm sure and it would be great to have you join us." Kane leered at me and I shuddered, wanting anything other than to join a group that includes him.

"I am princess and at the moment," I looked around, addressing all the vampires. "Am in charge. I will not allow you to in danger everyone's life due to your pride."

Me and Finley took a select few werewolves to the elders to explain the situation. I knocked, "Come in."

The door opened to reveal a medium sized conference room with a large brown table sitting in the middle. Around the table, there were 10 elders.

"What brings you here princess?" A woman in her 40s but most likely centuries older asked in a kind voice.

"The werewolves have come agreeing to an alliance." Looks of shock etched onto their faces.

"Yes, we were attacked by the hunters and realised that this war could not be fought without help."

The elders still seemed skeptical but willing to hear.

"With all due respect, elders." Finley spoke. "It would be nonsense to even listen to what they have to say. The girl is already making orders like she's queen. She does it under the guise of her being the princess."

"Finley, you need to remember your place. She is the daughter of our fallen leader, it disgraces Rosalie when you try to disgrace her kin." One of the elders, this time a young teen boy, says.

"Not only that but you dare to mock the ideas of your elders." A woman in her 50s sneers. Immediately, Finley keeps quiet and steps back. Then we spent some time going over the details. We decided it would be called the "Hunter Mediation Alliance." It was the first Lycan-Vampire alliance of all time.

Once we were done in with the conference room, we went to find Alexios and reunite him with his family.

___________

Hello!

Sorry about posting late again, exam season has been keeping me busy.  I'm posting another chapter a bit after this one so look out for it.

Thanks for reading, and as usual: Vote if you liked it and leave a comment!

Thanks