Chapter four

"Y-You're so c-cool

"Y-You're so c-cool..."

...

First days of school are always weird.

The weird having to stand in front of the class and introducing yourself all day long can get annoying.

And I'm getting way more attention than I'd like and it's irritating me. It's clear that I'm different from everyone else but I'm not a walking exhibition.

I wish they'd just stop staring.

I noticed in biology class that some guys were already giving me the vibe that there's going to be a problem. Maybe they're jealous that a lot of the girls are already drooling over me. They're not my type though.

Anyways, I solve problems... quickly.

Anyone who wants to get these hands, can get them. I need to find a studio or gym to exercise and in a meanwhile I don't mind trying it out on some haters.

It's so irritating when I can't exercise.

If there's one thing my dad and I share in common is how much we love to exercise. Martial arts or any type of gym related thing is us. It's how we used to bond when we were younger.

My dad got me into working on my body so I could have a calm and collected mind. He must've forgotten my mum's Cabo Verdean side though and I ended up inheriting that hot headed nature.

I am quick to act first and think later.

"Hey," a girl yelled, "you forgot your pen in class."

No, I didn't.

I only have one pen and that's my only piece of writing stationary. My mum brought it in fourth grade and it's a BIC pen and I make sure not to lose it because she said she wouldn't buy me another one.

I'd never spend my allowance money on stationary either.

Anyways, the pen in her hand is a papermates pen.

"Ah, thank you but, that's not mine," I replied trying to politely dismiss her. I know Koreans have this whole politeness culture and I don't want the mixed kid to be known as rude.

My mama didn't raise me like that.

"Oh, I'm sorry for disturbing you then," she replied blushing a bit. "What's your name," she quickly asked just as I looked like I was about to leave.

I have like five minutes to reach a toilet before I have to do the pee walk to a bush.

"Haneul Kim."

"I-I'm Jeon Jiho, I hope-"

"You know what? Thank you for the pen but I really gotta go. I'll see you on our next biology class, Jiho."

...

Why is someone trying to make the world shake outside of this cubicle? A guy can't even sit on tik tok after a piss in peace. The world is really falling apart and it's a damn shame.

"Oww!"

"Look guys, he sounds like a bitch," some guys laughed.

At university they wanna bully someone? Yeah this is weird.

Maybe grandma was wrong about this place.

I'm in the ghetto.

And I don't want to be, not a handsome guy like me who has a lot to lose. These are clearly class A hoodlums.

I'm in my soft boy era right now.

I am going to mind my black ass business. Even if only one side of me is black, it is strongly telling me to continue watching my tik toks.

"Please stop, I can't take anymore."

"Shu-"

"Fuck y'all doing," I asked kicking open my cubicle door startling everyone. "You didn't hear the sound of someone swiping the for you page? I can't hear my shit with all this yelling."

There were four guys circling a smaller guy on the ground. When I focused I could see... blood. That boiled my blood a little. I wasn't going to get involved but he said stop.

I can't stand people who want to always take it that extra step. If he said stop, just stop.

He don't wanna fight.

"Didn't y'all hear him say stop? He's not even fighting back and he's bleeding, you dimwits."

"So what? You're gonna save Cinderella over here?"

"Before I kick your two front teeth into your ass," I threatened measuring up to the leader of the group, "you all better leave."

"Or what-"

I wasted no time in side kicking one of the side characters to prove a point.

I'm about that action.

"I told you to get out or try me for size. I'm not him," I stated nodding towards the guy on the floor.

The leader of the pack stared me down as he left with his crew. The guy that got kicked could barely stand up so he left being supported by the others.

"Hey, you good," I asked extending my hand for the guy on the floor. He just stared at me in awe and my arm was starting to hurt.

Maybe he's just a nerd or something.

"Did you bang your head or some-"

"Y-You're so c-cool... that w-was the c-coolest thing I've s-seem. Y-You're like a s-superhero."

Yeah, poor thing. They definitely hit his head too hard.