Chapter nine

The sky looks pretty today to-

"We need to talk Haneul," Jiho announced sitting next to my desk.

"About?"

"You and Sunghoo, he's gonna ruin your reputation."

I couldn't help but yawn at this shit even if it was nine in the morning.

My mum actually believed that I was defending a classmate. She said that a boy who looked like he would cry at any moment, didn't look like a liar. But she told me off the whole night and I can't be asked.

I might just go nap in the library instead of eleven am maths class. I'm pretty good at math anyways especially, the one needed for science equations.

"Really?!"

"Haneul, I'm so serious! Everyone knows that you put a few boys in hospital for messing with him and-"

"And what?" I dared her to continue but she avoided my gaze and fumbled around her sentences.

"And they think you two might have something going on because, they think he's gay and you practically only pay attention to him," Mireu finished scrolling on his phone.

Is that how I'm coming off?

"Just because I hang out with him, that doesn't make me gay."

"You're right," Mireu agreed, "but you also haven't given any of the girls who throw themselves at you a glance. Whenever Sunghoo enters your line of vision, it's like you focus on him."

So what?

"I'm just trying to be his friend."

"But he's bringing you down again Haneul," Jiho pipped up again, "I think you should stop hanging around him now. No one will bully him anymore after what you did and... I think it's time for you to hang with us."

"Ah you're talking about the party Jungkook is throwing this Friday? I heard everyone is going to be there," a random girl commented joining our table. A bit too innocent looking but overall, a cute face. "Are you going Haneul?"

Maybe... it is time to move away from Sunghoo. Like Jiho said, he's going to be okay now. Maybe it is time for me to start doing my thing. I've barely gotten to know anyone besides annoying ass Jiho and Mireu.

And I need to get laid... expeditiously.

Yeah because I keep thinking all these weird things about Sunghoo.

"Yeah, I'm going to be there sweetheart, I want to see you there too."

...

"H-Haneul hyung!"

"Wait in my car dude," I told Mireu handing him my car key. We were going for lunch outside campus but first I had to deal with this.

"Hey."

"Hyung, Im so g-glad you're o-okay. I wanted to pa-pay you ba-back-"

"Look, it's okay. The bullies won't bully you anymore... I think you should make friends with people in your class now."

"Hane-"

"You're a good kid Sunghoo, it was just an unlucky start but, I've helped you restart. So... you don't have to be thankful to me now."

"Oh," he breathed with a tight smile, "you're r-right Haneul... sunbae. I guess I w-was too clin-clingy. Th-Thank you for e-everything and I hope for the b-b-best."

This fucking sucks.

He looks so sad, this is not how I wanted this to go. I wasn't meant to hurt him.

Shit.