Chapter 2: The Addams Family

Wednesdays POV:

Sinclair and I were sitting side by side while mother and father sat side by side across from us. My parents had slight smirks on their faces for what reason I am not sure of. Sinclair was smiling from ear to ear at my parents. This wasn't abnormal for her seeing she is a ball of rainbows and sunshine.

"Thank you so much for allowing me to stay with you! I owe you guys big time!" The ray of sunshine exclaimed.

"Oh, no need dear. We are happy to help out a friend of Wednesdays. She doesn't have many so we are more than pleased to help you dear. " My mother said with a sly smirk.

The next two hours were filled with small talk between my parents and Sinclair. I spoke very little, letting everyone else fill the silence. Sinclair was so happy and cheerful talking with my parents. For some reason, she seemed almost intrigued to talk with my parents. Doesn't help my father keeps telling her stories from my childhood. Sinclair was enjoying the stories as if she was a spider feasting on its prey. I must admit, I was admiring Sinclair as she giggled and laughed. There was just something that drew my attention to her and it wasn't just her loud and overwhelming voice.

We have just one hour left until we reach my childhood home. The time was around 10 pm now. Sinclair yawed before she rested her head on my shoulder. I flinched at the sudden touch but I didn't push her off of me. Her warmth made me feel exhilarated as if I had just committed a murder. I...liked the feeling. As much as I don't want to like this feeling, I do.

I look down at the colorful wolf on my shoulder. She looked peaceful and calm, something I don't see from her very often. My parents look at me rather confused. I am just as confused as they are. I've never actually felt, with anyone before. Is this what having a true best friend is supposed to be like?

"Wednesday, dear, is your bright and cheery roommate growing on you?" My mother questioned as she eyes Sinclair on my shoulder asleep.

"No mother, I am just simply tired of hearing her talk. She was starting to give me a migraine."

"If you say so dear."

________

We finally arrive at my home. It felt like we had been driving for decades. I nudge Sinclair with my shoulder to signal to her that we are here. She very sleepily sits up and looks at me giving a slight smile. I could feel the blood rush to my face. It was rather exhilarating yet I wasn't very fond of my body showing color. I don't quite understand why my blood rushed to my face when Sinclair smiled at me. Perhaps Lurk turned up the heat in the vehicle last second.

"What time is it Willa?" Sinclair questioned mid-yawn.

"10:10 pm."

"WOAH- I was asleep for a whole hour?" She seemed surprised by this.

"Indeed you were. I should have strangled you for falling asleep on me."

I noticed a light hint of pink creep up onto her cheeks. This confused me even further than before. There must be a reason for all of this happening. Perhaps the weather has a hand in all of this.

"Wednesday, help Ms. Sinclair up to her room, please. Your father and I will gather some extra sheets and blankets for her bed."

"Fine. Let's go Sinclair before I leave you out here to freeze."

The wolf quickly perks up and runs after me. How can one person hold so much energy? As we walked up the spiral staircase, I felt Sinclair's eyes glued to the back of my head.

"If you keep staring at me, you'll trip up the stairs and die."

"Was that a threat or are you being actually serious right now...?" She asked with a shaky voice.