Chapter 10: Date or Fate?

Wednesdays POV:

Enid placed her hand on mine sending me into a vision. That's not good.

I wake up a empty room. Everything is blank. No decorations. No scenery. No anything. Just four white walls.

This is very abnormal.

"Wake up."

BOOM.

My head smashes into the ground. I awaken in a public restroom. There is this masked figure stalking in the corner. Then there's me. Knife in hand, ready for a fight.

That's all I saw. I've never been more confused about a vision in my life. None of it made sense except for the second part. And even that doesn't fully make sense.

"Wednesday!?" Enid calls out, holding me in her arms. Her eyes glossy.

"I'm fine Enid."

The hands that were once holding onto me tighter than a boa constrictor killing it's prey, let go of my cold body. Absences of those hands make me rather crestfallen.

"What did you see?" Worry spraying through the air as she spoke.

"An empty room where a voice told me to wake up. Then, a public restroom with a masked figure. It looks as if I was going to be fighting this masked figure."

Worry covers Enid's face. I knew I should have altered my words to make it seem less intimidating.

"Maybe this masked figure is your stalker? But like I wonder why the hell a public bathroom of all places to hold a fight??"

I am just as confused as Sinclair is. She does bring up a astute observation about the figure being my stalker.

"Perhaps. I need to dig deeper into this and try to get more information." I'm leaving no room for error this time.

"Okay, I'll help!"

Enid means well, but for this situation she's only going to get in the way. Another factor being I don't want her to freak out over the harsh things I'm going to be doing.

"As much as I would dislike your presence, it's better if you distract yourself with something. Yoko most likely would like to discuss what she saw in the back hall the other day." Enid will jump at any opportunity to gossip about her love life with Yoko.

"Wednesday. I'm not stupid. This is something serious and I want to help. Just as much as you want to protect me, I want to protect you." Seriousness flows through every word, making me realize how important this is to Enid.

"Fine. The second I sense you are going to get hurt or cause a problem, I am sending you to Yoko."

"Deal."
_______

For the rest of the day we spend time in libraries, archives, and trying to contact deceased relatives. All of this lead me nowhere.

"Wens I think we should get some rest. Especially you..." She's worried. Its all over her face.

"I am fine Enid."

"No! You aren't!" She grabs her mirror,"Look at the eye bags under your eye's Wednesday! Look at how you are slouching! Look at the way yours eyes are pleading for rest! You aren't fine Wednesday."

As much as I hate to admit it, Enid is right. I'm not fine. Sleep has become a chore as has everything else. The only thing that doesn't feel like a chore is spending time with Enid. It's the only time I'm truly fine.

"Alright. I get it. I'm not fine. Now can we forget this ever happened so I can continue my research."

Her eyes cut into me as a scalpel does a brain. Clearly she is upset with me. For what reason? I am not sure. I admitted I wasn't fine, what else does she want?