Chapter 7: What Are We?

Wednesdays POV:

Im glad I kissed Enid. The rush when our lips met was that of when I got my first torture kit. There are these deep feelings I have with Enid. She's not like anyone I've ever met.

Enid cares for me and doesn't make me try to conform to other's expectations. She knows how to handle my emotionless advances and somehow she has made me understand emotions and why I feel certain things. I'd never follow any of the things she's told me around other people, but I will for her.

I know I need to tell Enid what is going on inside of my brain. She can help me solve all of it. Perhaps you could say she is my partner in crime.

"Take your time Wens, we don't even have to talk about anything tonight if you don't want to!" Her hand slips into mine, "We could just watch a movie together instead if you want. We can even watch a horror movie since I know those are your favorites!"

The wolf cares about me an abnormal amount. I like that. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had a person that wasn't a family member, care about me this much. It's comforting to know I have someone to fall back on if I need too which I won't of course.

"It's fine Enid. I'll tell you what's going on."

I take a deep breathe getting myself prepared to spill my guts out too her. I've never done this before. It's...scary...

"Being on this campus has brought back some memories of that night. I can't help but think that if I hadn't ran back to the school you wouldn't have these..." I run my thumb over the scar on her left cheek, "By me going to save the school, I put the ones I value in harms way. As much as I hate to admit it, my life wouldn't be nearly as thrilling if I didn't have those people in my life."

I didn't tell her the full story seeing I didn't want to make her worry more. Enid has a tendency to overthink things and blow them out of proportion. She would not take the stalker news lightly. It would put her in a worse state than she already is in and I don't want to do that.

Enid's POV:

Fuck.

She's blaming herself for shit I chose to do. I chose to go and fight Tyler. I chose to put myself at risk.

"Wens you did the right thing by going to the school. Thousands of people would have died if you didn't show up and kill Crackstone. What's that saying they always say? Save the many, sacrifice the few? But hey everyone you value are still here and alive."

I hope this helps her. Seeing Wens like this makes me wanna cry.

Tw: Self Harm

I look down at her arm where there are big burn marks. My stomach begins to churn. I really should have seen the signs. It's not like I haven't had my fair share of experiences with this sort of thing. Having a bad home life exposes you to a lot of shit. A lot of bad shit at that.

Knowing she felt like hurting herself would make things better, makes me angry with the world. Maybe if the world wasn't so shitty she wouldn't have gotten hurt.

End of TW

"Thank you...peanut." She gives me a slight smirk as her hand gripped my hand more.

"Peanut? Aren't you the one that's only 5'1? I'm like three inches taller than you!"

"You are two inches taller than me. Don't push it pup."

There's my Wens.

"I would like to watch that movie now. Perhaps we don't have to watch a horror movie. Anything that has blood and guts in it will suffice."