Chapter 8: Caught

Wednesdays POV:

The school day was quite boring seeing all of the work was child's play to me. Nothing is ever challenging to me anymore. It's quite annoying. The only good thing about going to this school is Enid.

Shit. Enid. She asked me to meet her in the back hallway for lunch. Originally she asked for us to eat lunch with everyone else but I swiftly declined that suggestion. I don't want to waste my forty-five minutes of peace for those idiots.

I make my way to the back hallway with my lunch which was just kale chips and almonds. Typically for lunch I just eat snack foods that will give me energy. Personally I see no reason to make extravagant meals for lunch.

Finally I made it to the back hallway where I saw Enid with her mounds of food. The wolf truly does have an enormous appetite. Interesting.

"Wens!!" She runs up to me with her arms opened," I missed you so much!!"

I accept her embrace seeing no one was around. Her warmth made me get chills up my spine. How exhilarating. Everyday I obtain new information about myself and others just by being around this woman. It's like I'm constantly on a murder case.

"I have missed your presence as well." She smiled at me with her fangs popping out from the corners of her mouth.

"Aww!!! How was your psychology class?" Enid asks eagerly.

"It was fine. Could be more challenging and more drawn out."

Bzz bzzz

Enid's metal death trap starts to buzz. I'm curious as to what or who that could be. Soon enough I'll find out seeing Enid has a tendency of saying everything to me.

"Wens!! Amara bought us tickets to go to the museum of the dark arts! Amara was principal Weems "best friend" before she...Anyhow we should totally go! You'd love it so much and it could be like maybe I don't know...a date?"

A date? Enid Sinclair wants to go on a date...with me? I've never been on a date before unless you count that time Tyler and I saw a movie. I do not count that as a date seeing he was a cold blooded killer that looked like he could be an oversized fly with legs.

I suppose a proper date with someone I actually like, wouldn't be such a horrendous idea. Another pro to this date would be the fact I've been wanting to visit this museum for awhile now. With all of the case information, I haven't had much time to do things that I want to do.

"It's a date. When would this date be exactly?"

"This weekend! Saturday at 12pm if you want to be exact exact like I know you're going to want to be."

Enid truly alters the way I think sometimes. Typically I don't look forward to anything unless it's homicide or grave digging. Somehow the knowledge of Enid and I going to a place filled with ancient torture devices and weapons, alone, makes me...feel all cold and dead. Just how I like it.

We sit up against the wall of the hall and begin to eat our lunches. Enid's fast metabolism allows her to eat the five pound of chicken she has in under six minutes. I've always had a fascination with werewolves ever since I was a child. Being able to room with one has been quite the experience.

Younger me would never believe me if I told her that we developed feelings for a werewolf or really developing feelings at all. Perhaps my parents were right about Nevermore and the Addams family. Somehow we always find love here.

"Wens, can I lay my head on your shoulder? I'm kinda tired." Enid says with her voice lower than normal.

I turn to look at the drowsy wolf with a tiny smile on her face. She's so beautiful. A part of me really just wants to kiss her right here, right now. But I restrain myself from doing so because I don't want to accidentally out Enid. If I was "outed" I wouldn't care. Peoples thoughts and opinions don't phase me. They do phase Enid, which bothers me because none of those people who judge her and make her feel worthless, are people who should be alive.