Chapter 13: Wolf Ache

Wednesdays POV:

I look over to see Enid in her wolf form growling at the black curly-haired boy. Before I can even fathom what is going on, she attacks him.

If she isn't pulled back. She'll kill him. As much as I would like for that to happen, it can't. The school will kick her out just like they would do to me. Add this to the long list of reasons why I hate this school.

Slowly, I make my way over to Enid. If I startle her it will trigger her instincts to kill. Dealing with a werewolf can be very difficult and dangerous if you don't handle it with the utmost care.

"Enid," I say in my typical deadpan voice to make sure she knows it's me.

She snaps back towards me making eye contact. Nothing but the pure primal instinct to kill was in her eyes.

"Enid, it's me. Wednesday."

Growling noises fill the quad once more. Something is off. This isn't Enid at all.

One moment I was looking into the eyes of my lover and then the next moment I was being held up against the brick wall by the one I care for most. Her claws begin to sink into the sides of my neck.

Blood begins to trickle out of my neck. Satisfying.

Typically I would sit here and enjoy the pain, but I am slightly concerned Enid won't stop at slightly digging her claws into my neck.

"Sole mio, se vuoi uccidermi, così sia. L'onore di essere ucciso dalla persona che amo di più sarebbe uno di quelli che non avrei mai avuto da nessun'altra parte. Ma se questo è il mio ultimo momento con voi, voglio dire-" (My sun, if you wish to kill me so be it. The honor of getting killed by the one I love most would be one I'd never get anywhere else. But if this is my final moments with you, I want to say-) I'm dropped to the ground before I'm able to finish my statement.

Hairy paws became human feet with brightly colored toenails. My eyes wander up to see Enid. Quickly I wrap my blazer around her to make sure she isn't exposed to the entire school. I don't waste any time escorting Enid back to our dorm—less chance for all of the schools gossiping teenagers to bombard us with idiotic comments and questions.

The blood trickling out of my neck was lively. Feeling my own blood run down my neck sent an adrenaline spike through my body. It was quite pleasing.

Enid is shaking as we walk up the stairs to our dorm. I'm not quite sure if she is just cold or if it's the adrenaline rushing through her veins after what happened. Perhaps it's both?

We walk into our dorm where Enid goes to change and I sit at my desk to write in my novel. The events of the past thirty minutes have sparked ideas in my mind. It's fascinating that such events can fuel my mind with ideas.

I had gotten through half a page before Enid exited the bathroom, making her presence in the main area of the dorm known.

"Wednesday...I am so sorry..." Her voice, brittle and low. She's on the verge of tears.

"What are you sorry about Enid?"

Tears begin to stream down her face at a rapid pace.

Great. Tears. My worst enemy.

She walks towards me, taking her hand to pull down the collar of my shirt just enough to see the claw marks on my neck. The collar of the shirt practically peeled off of my skin with all the blood. Exhilarating.

"This..."

Oh. She's upset over the claw marks? It's not like it was her fault. Those two ignorant children provoked her to wolfout.