Chapter 17: Death Beyond the Grave

Wednesdays POV:

"Enid. What were you doing in the library earlier today."

She freezes at my words. It was at that moment I knew something was up.

"You're not going to believe me. I can already tell by the look on your face that you don't trust me anymore."

Was my face really showing that? Cause that's not how I feel. Yes, I am a bit alarmed that she was in the library, but I don't not trust her.

"I still trust you Enid. So why were you in the library?"

She fidgets with her fingers a moment before sighing. The corners of her eyes began to become glossy. Whatever the reason may be, surely has thrown her off.

I just want the truth. There has got to be a completely responsible reason as to why she was in there.

"I had another dream. Ajax and I were crowned the king and queen at the Rav'N. The next thing I knew we were fighting someone. It was a guy and he was going on and on about how we shouldn't be together. I just assumed it was Ajax so I wanted to get information on the weaknesses of Gorgons incase we needed it. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I just thought I was being delusional or something." She let's out a nervous laugh.

Xavier.

The man in her dream was Xavier. But how would she know anything about that situation? Well clearly she doesn't know everything about that situation seeing she assumed it was Ajax.

Perhaps it will be Ajax. He does seem like the jealous type, but not to the degree of Xavier. Anything is possible at this point.

"Thank you for being honest with me Enid. I do not believe you are delusional, rather going with a guy instinct which I admire."

Her face lights up at my words. I much prefer the bright and cheerful Enid over the gloomy version of Enid. It feels rather off when she isn't her usual self.

_______
The day of the Rav'N (no one's POV)

"Wenssss hurrrryyy upppppp!!! We are gonna be late!" Enid screams through the bathroom door.

Wednesday walks out of the bathroom in her antique suit. It fit quite snugly but not to snugly. You could say it fit just perfectly.

Enid's reaction was one to remember that's for sure. Bright rose colored cheats, wide heart eyes, and a bit of a sweat at her brow line.

This amused Wednesday in the slightest way. She always finds it intriguing and fascinating how Enid reacts to her physical appearance vs her words. Both have such an affect on Enid yet in different ways they captivate her.

"I'm out now. Let's get this hell over with so I can hide away from people for the next three months." Wednesday says sarcastically with a serious undertone.

"Oh come on it's not even that bad Willa! Plusss you'll have me there with you the whole time! What could go wrong?"

"I could write out a list of things that could go wrong that would be more words than the whole entire Harry Potter series. Can we just go now."

The two walked out of the dorm hand in hand. This was the first ever time they would be walking in public while holding hands. It frightened not only Enid, but Wednesday as well. No matter how much she says peoples opinions don't matter to her, they do. She's great at hiding how things make her feel especially when it comes to how other people make her feel.
_____
Wednesdays POV:

I hate it here.

What is so appealing about bright flashing lights and music so loud you can't even hear yourself think? None of this makes any sense to me. I'd much rather be examining a mummified corpse right now. That would be so much more thrilling than this bullshit.