IV

Genna grabbed her dagger and concentrated on the target. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She threw the dagger and it went straight through the red circle. Jayden smiled. Genna looked scared but happy. She broke the target and hit the bullseye. "Wow, you are very powerful my darling." Dionysus walked up to them. Genna smiled. "Thank you." "You are the daughter of Hades, is that correct?" Genna nodded unhappily. "You must be a strong girl to be able to go against your own father." Genna nodded. "Don't forget about Edward. He also went against Hades too." 

             "Ahh yes. Edward is your brother. He is very brave too." Genna smiled. Dionysus looked at Jayden. "You are Jayden, is that correct?" He nodded. "Your mother is Bia, isn't she? The goddess of force and energy." Jayden's eyes got big. "My mom is Bia?" Dionysus nodded. "Well, I believe so." Jayden smiled. "Well, that explains my powers." Genna smiled. Dionysus looked at Genna. "Perhaps I may have a quest for You Genna. If anything happens I will certainly be looking for you." Genna nodded. Jayden grabbed Genna's shoulder and shook it gently. "She'll be waiting." After Dionysus left, Genna trained her best and so did the rest of them. Later they were told to meet up in the campgrounds.

              This is where they had feasts and made campfires. It was night now and everyone surrounded the campfire. Genna had a plate of grapes. She ate them accordingly. The whole gang sat beside each other. It was Genna, Jayden, Alex, Jessie, Vanessa, Joshua, Edward and for some reason Chris and Sarah stuck around. They were laughing and telling stories. Genna's thoughts were lost in the fire. She thought about how things would be if her father was a good guy. How her life would have been different if her and Edward lived together like a family. Edward had never really said anything about his mother, and Genna was too afraid to ask. She looked at Edward now. He was in mid laugh and he seemed so happy. Happier than when he was stuck with Hades. 

             She looked at Jessie who was so confused at something Vanessa had said. Then she looked at Sarah who looked somewhat sneaky. She looked at Jayden who was smiling so hard he could burst. She smiled. When she looked at Alex, she was caught by surprise because he was staring right back at her. She could never figure Alex out. He was the type of person who kept things to himself, but yet she felt herself falling for him. He made her feel like herself, and not the person that she used to see everyday in the mirror, but the person she was now. She remembered their little training battle in Jayden's backyard. 

             That was the only time she felt alive. She smiled to herself. She hoped what Jessie said about her figuring this love thing out was gonna happen soon, because she hated feeling this way. That night when everyone got into their beds and it was really quiet, Genna got up and went outside. The wind was kind of chilly but not too much. She grabbed a light jacket. She went to the big field and sat down in the grass and looked up at the sky. On her way there she accidently bumped into a boy with a black hoodie. 

             "Oh my bad'' He didn't say anything. He just looked at her and walked away. She frowned mostly because she couldn't even see his face, and he didn't even say anything. Genna pushed the accident out of her mind and went to the grass field. There were so many stars she hardly even tried to count. There were footsteps coming towards her. She got so scared that she was getting caught. She squinted her eyes and turned around. She was wishing she had Vannesa's power right now.