VI

He felt he didn't need this war with Alex, if he wasn't going to win. He looked at Sarah who was talking and laughing with her friends. He smiled. He had found his new Genna. Alex looked at Genna who looked like she was really tired. "You okay there Genna?" She looked up at him. "Yeah, I'm fi..." A loud bang on the side of the building made everyone quiet. Then there was another one and that one made everyone get to their feet. Vanessa was breathing so hard that everyone thought she was going to pass out. The door burst open and in came a nasty-looking dog. It looked like it was made of lightning and metal.

             It snarled at everybody. Someone told Jayden to use his force field powers. He tried but it wouldn't cover the whole room. It did hit the dog. It stayed down for a second then it got back up and started running towards him. Everyone screamed and tried to help him. Alex threw some fireballs at it. The dog absorbed them and ran toward Alex. Genna hit it with her staff and it seemed to be taking the dog down. It was still coming but slowly. Edward got in on it and they blasted the dog till he shorted out. It lay there. Edward kicked it to make sure it was dead. Genna ran outside when she heard more screams. 

             There were a bunch of them. They were chasing people and tearing up the place. Genna looked at Edward. He nodded in approval. They went blasting dog after dog. Genna was fighting one dog that snatched her by her hair and was dragging her through the field. She tried hitting the dog but she couldn't get a clear angle. It was pulling her further and further away from the camp. Almost threw the invisible door. There was a rush of wind and she felt her body drop on the ground. When she looked up, the dog was down and had a spear through its chest. Beside it stood the person Genna had really been looking for this whole time.

           Kaya. She held out her hand to Genna, and helped her up. "Thank you." Kaya shrugged and ran back to the battlefield. Genna looked around. " So much for small talk." She ran to blast off a dog that was gnawing at Edward. She helped him up. "I think that was the last one." Edwards' lip was bleeding and Genna's arm had a deep cut. There was a loud bang that made everyone stop. Then there was another one. Genna soon began to realize that the loud bangs were footsteps. They turned ever so slightly and saw the gigantic dog looking down on them. Its snarl almost knocked them over. Edward gulped. "It's going to take all of us."

           Genna, Edward, Alex, Vanessa, Jessie, and Joshua stood in a line in front of the dog. Everyone used their powers at once. The dog tried taking steps, but Jessie started tying its legs with her vines. The dog tripped and started falling down. Everyone ran and got out of the way. As it fell a ball fell out of its eye and rolled over to Genna's foot. At first she was afraid to pick it up, but then she noticed a piece of paper rolled up inside. Genna picked up the ball. It was heavy and made of metal. She cracked it open, and grabbed the note. 

           The dog was breathing angrily and was trying to get up. Jessie held her vines as long as she could. Joshua began putting rocks on it. Genna unfolded the note and began to read aloud. "Listen children of the Gods. Someone has betrayed me. Bring me the trader who has stolen from my brother Poseidon and I will not wreak havoc on you. You have 12 day counts."