XI

Then she saw something in the water. It was red and it was around her neck. She touched it. It was the necklace that Aphrodite had given her. She held it with tears in her eyes. Even if she used it, no one would love her the same ever again. She tore off the necklace and threw it into the lake. She cried herself to sleep. Genna opened her eyes slowly. She saw the ground moving slowly. Then she noticed a weird feeling in her stomach like she was leaning against something hard. Then she noticed her feet weren't on the ground. She was being carried. She started to panic. "Hey let me go! I said let me go!" She began to hit his back. He lifted her on the ground gently. 

                 Genna got up to her feet as soon as he let her down. When she looked up at her kidnapper she noticed something familiar about him. He looked so familiar because it was Alex. He stood with a serious face. "Genna why did you run off?" Genna looked down at the ground trying to let her heart slow down. Then she looked back up at him. She shrugged. Alex sighed. "Is it because of what I said? because I really didn't mean it in a way that was meant to hurt you." Genna sat down with her back against a tree trunk. Alex walked up further. "After what you said, I thought about how irritated I made people. 

                   How I had lost my best friend to a girl he barely knew. How my ex-best friend thinks I don't trust her. My brother isn't around like I want him to be. How my crush thinks I'm stalking him." Alex smiled. He sat down beside her. "I don't think you're stalking me." Genna frowned. "How did you know i was talking about you?" Alex's face straightened. Genna smiled. "I'm kidding." He smiled. "I just wish you would have told me about your gift, so i would know not to think about anything embarrassing." Genna smiled. 

                   "Like what?" He looked at her. "Like how much I want you to be my girlfriend." Genna looked up at Alex. She looked at his warm and welcoming brown eyes. She leaned in closer to him feeling his breath against her lips, and when they touched his it was an overwhelming feeling coming from Genna's mind. There were flashes of Alex's life. When he was a kid, running through the grass fields. When he was a preteen at middle school. He was being bullied. His mother was telling him everything was fine. 

                   Genna noticed how there was a big white dog everywhere he went. Alex had called him his best friend. Suddenly the dog was being taken away. By his own father. Alex was crying and told his dad that he hated him. Alex pulled away first. Genna looked up at him and smiled, so she could hide the pain and sympathy she was feeling for him.