VIII

The only thing that she was feeling good about right now is that she knew who she was in love with now, and she knew he knew too. She could see the smirk on his face. He wanted her to look because then she wouldn't bother with Jayden anymore. He was slick and sneaky, but at least now she knew about Jayden and Sarah. When they got to the top of the mountain Genna looked for something that stood out. Alex noticed it first. "Look," he pointed to a little blue rag laying under a rock. Genna picked it up. "It's a piece of shirt." Chris grabbed the rag. He sniffed it three times. "It's a girl's." "How did you know that?" 

               "My mother is Aphrodite." "So the trader is a girl?" Genna shrugged. If it was, then the guy she bumped into last night was out of the question, unless he was helping her. As she turned around she heard a voice in her head. "Trouble is ahead of you." Genna looked at the rock ahead. It was a little wiggly. "Everyone stand back!" The big rock began to fall. Everyone looked and ran in fear. Joshua used other rocks to stop it and put it back in its place before it fell on anyone. Dionysus was right. She was going to need all the help she could get. Now that they had found the cloth, they knew that the trader was either a girl, or there was a girl with the trader. Genna checked the map. 

                     A trail started to appear on it and it led to an amusement park in California. Genna sighed. "Lets go." They walked for a few hours, then Jessie suggested they stopped and got some rest. Everyone pulled out their sleeping bags and began setting up tents. It was night and they were in the middle of the woods. The guys went to get firewood while the girls stayed and prepared the food. Genna looked up at Sarah who was smiling to herself. She wondered what was going inside that girl's head. She closed her eyes and tried to dig deep into her head, but for some reason she couldn't see or hear anything. Sarah laughed and walked over to Genna. "If you're trying to read my mind it's not going to work.

                 I figured out how to stop people from doing that a long time ago." Genna frowned. "Yeah cause maybe you're trying to hide something." Sarah shrugged. "Maybe, but if I was, no one would believe you. Especially not Jayden." Genna looked her in the eyes. "What are you talking about?" Sarah smiled. "Well, lets just say that Jayden isn't in love with you anymore." "I know that." Sarah laughed. "Good. So you know that he would believe anything I said." Genna shook her head. "He's still my best friend. He would believe me before you." Sarah rolled her eyes. "Yeah right. We'll see." "Now that i have taken Jayden from you, you have nothing left." Genna frowned and got louder. "What did i ever do to you?" 

                Sarah scoffed. "It doesn't matter what you did to me. I know what kind of person you are Genna. You're the person who thinks she has everything, and you get everything you want. Well, now i have everything you used to have. I have your bestfriend and your lover at the same time." Genna smiled. "He's not my lover. I love someone else and you won't take him away." Sarah frowned. "And who could that possibly be?" She put on her thinking face. "Oh wait, let me guess. It's Alex isn't it?" Sarah smiled. Genna didn't say a word, which made Sarah smile even more. "Yeah, I thought so. Don't worry though, cause I'll take him away too. Trust me. It isn't that hard. He'll fall down to me just like Jayden did." 

               Genna looked at everyone. No one saw this girl basically harassing her. She looked back at Sarah. "I'm going to find out what you're hiding. You're probably working with the trader." Sarah smiled. "Yeah right, i don't get along with people like that. And if I was the trader. I would have killed you all by now." Sarah gave Genna a weird look. "Good luck" She walked off and began unpacking some food out of her bag. Genna went and sat down beside Jessie. "What was all that about?" "You saw that?" Jessie nodded. "Something is wrong. Sarah is hiding something. She threatened me and said she was going to take Alex away from me just like she did Jayden. She is up to something, and i'm going to figure out what it is." 

                Jessie nodded. The boys came back with firewood and made the fire. Everyone sat around it to keep warm. Genna sat beside Jessie and Alex. Sarah was on the other side of Alex and on the side of her was Jayden. She sat right dab in the middle of them. Genna knew for sure that she wasn't going to take Alex away from her. She grabbed Alex's hand which for some reason didn't make him jump or even look to see who it was. She read his mind. He knew it was her. And he liked that she wasn't afraid to grab his hand. Genna smiled. There was no way Sarah could take him away.