XIII

"I'm sorry that I have betrayed you. There was no other way. I had to make sure you all were safe." It was definitely Jayden's handwriting. Genna stuffed the paper into her pocket and they kept moving. They were definitely on the right track. They stopped at a big cabin that was in the woods. Genna knocked on the door. No one answered. She knocked again, but this time the door easily opened. She looked at everyone. They ushered her in. She stepped inside. It was dark and the cabin had a lot of furniture. Genna was surprised because everything was clean. Genna found a light switch. When she turned it on, the whole house lit up. Everyone smiled and began to unpack. Genna looked at Alex, who for some reason wouldn't look her in the eye. "I wonder who lives here." Alex shook his head slowly.

              "They might be back, but at least we can stay the night." Genna nodded. Everyone put down their sleeping bags. No one was sleepy so everyone just did what they wanted. Jessie and Vanessa played cards. Joshua and Chris played rock paper scissors. Edward was all to himself. Alex and Genna sat beside each other but said nothing. There was an awkward silence between them, and neither of them wanted to break it. But Alex couldn't hold it in. "Listen, Genna, i'm sorry about not telling you." Genna looked at him. "Who is Alexis?" Alex looked at the ground. "You remember when we were fighting back in that field earlier this year?" 

              Genna nodded. "The girl with the wings. That's Alexis." Genna looked at her hands. She had remembered the girl. She had long black hair and greenish brown eyes. No wonder Alex dated her, she was pretty. She also remembered that she had clawed his face. Genna could still see the marks a little bit. "You knocked her out remember?" Alex shrugged. "Yeah, I was angry that she had betrayed me. When I found out she was coming to camp, I couldn't help myself. When she asked me if I still wanted to date her, I said yes.

               But the only person I could think about was you. How much it might hurt you if you had found out. Genna looked at Alex, who finally looked her in the eyes. "Genna, why do i feel this way?" Genna smiled. "It's part of life. Everyone has decisions to make. Now you have to make yours." Genna got under her sleeping bag and covered herself. She closed her eyes till she drifted off to sleep. When she opened her eyes, she saw Someone standing over her. She jumped so hard she almost elbowed Alex in the stomach. It was an old woman. She had grey hair, and pale skin. She was frowning down at her. She shook Alex slowly. 

                  He mumbled something, but quickly got quiet when he laid his eyes on the woman. She stared hard at them. Genna spoke first. "We are so sorry. We thought no one was going to be here around this time." The woman said nothing. She just stood there staring. Alex got annoyed. "Look, we're sorry and we'll leave if you want us to, but you can at least stop staring at us like that." Genna elbowed him to be quiet. The woman stopped staring. She looked at everyone in the room. Then she stopped on Genna. 

              The woman began whispering things. Genna tried her best to hear the woman. "I can't hear you." "What are you saying?" The woman's words grew louder. "Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out!" Genna and Alex stumbled to their feet. Everyone began to wake up.