V

"I'm so sorry! Please don't make me leave'' There was a laugh, and she opened her eyes. It was Alex. He looked at her and smiled. "Don't worry, I won't make you leave." " I'd probably throw you in a bottomless pit, but I'd never make you leave." Genna smiled and shook her head. She could tell he was kidding. Well, she hoped. "You scared me." He sat beside her. "My bad" "So what are you doing out here so late?" Genna shrugged. "I don't know. Just needed some time to think." He nodded slowly. She peaked over at him. He was looking up at the sky. As his head came down, she narrowed her eyes back into her own world. He smiled. 

                "So how are you and Jayden doing? Or is it still complicated?" Genna smiled. "You know me a lot don't you?" "No, not a lot, just enough." She smiled. "I mean, we both know he likes you." Genna looked up at him. "The question is do you feel the same way?" Genna sighed. "I don't know, maybe, I guess." Alex sighed. Then he smiled. "Please don't tell me there's another guy." Genna smiled and her smile turned into another laugh, which made him laugh. "Do I know him?" Genna stopped laughing. "I think you know who he is." Alex smiled. "You don't mean little ole me do you?" Genna burst out laughing, and she fell on her side. 

               Alex laughed along with her. "Because if it's me, I'm okay with that." Genna smiled at him, but Alex wasn't smiling. He had a serious face, and it made Genna feel awkward. "And if it was?" His smile came back. "I would like you to know that I feel the same way." Genna looked up into his gentle hazel eyes. He stared into her dark brown eyes. They were so close now that she could feel his breath. There was a noise on the other side of the cabins. Alex was the first to get up. He helped Genna up. "What was that?" Alex shrugged. "I have no idea." Alex looked down at Genna. "Let's go back to the cabin, and get some sleep before one of us gets caught." Genna nodded. Genna couldn't remember how she went to sleep so fast, but when she opened her eyes it was morning. Jessie and Vanessa were already up. 

                   She got up and showered and got dressed. They went outside to the breakfast side of the building. They sat down at a long table at the back. Jessie smiled at Genna and put her hands under her chin. "What?" Jessie raised an eyebrow. "You're not going to tell us about what happened last night?" Genna blushed." I have no idea what you are talking about." Vanessa rolled her eyes. "You know exactly what we are talking about." Genna smiled. "Nothing happened." Jessie shook her head as the boys walked up to the table. "Wassup guys." They all said their greetings. Genna looked around for Jayden. She spotted him sitting at a different table. He was sitting next to a girl and they were laughing so hard, he almost knocked over his juice. Genna didn't know what she felt.

                    Heartbroken because he sat with his new friends and left her behind, or angry because he was laughing with this girl so much and had claimed to never look at another girl. She narrowed her eyes to her plate. When she did; Jayden looked at her with a longing look. He wanted to sit beside his best friend, but he didn't know if he could. She had her new friends and so did he. He wouldn't let his love for her ruin his fun at camp, so he did the only thing he could and that was to let her go. Jayden decided to move on.