x

Genna looked surprised. "Wow, I didn't know you were a degreed detective." Alex smiled. "So you're saying that Sarah is the trader and that she is using Jayden to clear her tracks? Now with the kidnap scene, she is ahead of us, and if we don't find them, Zeus is going to end us." Alex nodded. Genna sighed. She had to help her best friend. She looked at Kaya who got up and started to walk away. "Hey, where are you going?" Kaya turned around. "Why do you care?" Genna couldn't say a word. So Alex said them for her. "Listen, Kaya, I know you guys might not like each other right now, but if we don't work together then we are all going to die. You might be the fastest girl on the earth, but you're not faster than Zeus. Kaya stared at Genna. "So now you can't speak for yourself?" Genna sighed.

                Kaya scoffed. "You can't admit that you don't trust me." Genna looked at Kaya. "I didn't say that." "Yeah, but you were thinking about it. You may be able to read people's minds, but I can see the real you. So the next time you want to read someone's mind, you should take a look at yours first." Kaya ran off as quickly as lightning. Alex was stunned. "You can read minds?" Genna turned to him. 

                "Yeah" "Have you been reading mine?" Genna answered so fast she didn't even think. "No" But she was reading it now. "She is lying, I can tell." "She's lying right to my face." Genna couldn't help it. "No, I'm not." "Ah ha yes you are. You just did." Genna looked down at her shoes. "How long have you been reading my mind Genna?" Genna looked up at him. "Recently." Alex shook his head. "You know you can't just go around listening to people's minds. They need their privacy." "I know that" "Well then let me have mine." It was the first time that Alex had ever raised his voice at her. She knew he was serious. 

                She nodded. He walked away and started to pack his things. Genna felt like crying. It's like everyone hated her. Like everyone was against her. Edward came up to her. "You okay?" She looked at him. A tear fell down her cheek. Edward frowned. "What's wrong? Did he do something to you?" Genna couldn't take all this pressure. She ran and ran into the woods. She could hear Edward calling her but she couldn't stop. The air felt good against her skin. It blew the hair out of her face. Her mind went to the campfire. 

                 Edwards mid laugh, Jessie's confused face, Sarah's mischievous smile, Jayden's big smile, and Alex's daring stare. They were all close to her except for Sarah. And know the only ones she had left were Jessie and Edward. She stopped when she got to the top of a waterfall. The water was clean. So clean she could see her reflection. She got on her knees and Kneeled to get water. She looked at herself. Who was she? She had no idea.