Chapter 9: school

I was running down the stairs, and a few steps before I landed I tripped. Luckily, Aiden was right there, so he caught me.

"Emma, are you okay? You shouldn't run down the stairs like that, it's incredibly dangerous! What if I wasn't here, you would have fell" he scolded me gently, making sure I was okay.
"I'm fine but come on, I wouldn't have hurt myself that bad"

He ruffled my hair. "Still, you need to be careful, I was just calling to see if you wanted to play basketball"

"Really? Sure! Let's go play!" I said excitedly, running out of the house.

"Emma! No running Inside!" Aiden scolded, grabbing my shoulder to slow me down.

We played basketball for a couple of hours and I had so much fun! I was on the team at my old school, so I wasn't out of practice, and Aiden seemed pretty impressed with my skills. He was pretty good too, definitely harder competition than I'm used to.

"Gosh I'm exhausted, can we stop?" I asked him, running out of breath.

He grinned. "All right, I'm tired too. You play well Emma, I'm impressed, Cole loves playing basketball. You two are gonna have lots of fun playing."

I smiled, and then I saw Noah coming towards me, not looking pleased.

"Emma your room is an absolute mess! Clean it up!"

Then I realised I had left all my clothes on my bed. "Oh shoot, sorry I forgot, I'll go clean it up" and I rushed past him before he could scold me further.

I went up to my room and grabbed some new clothes because I was all sweaty and I wanted I shower, so I did just that.

I was in the shower for a good 30 minutes, then I came out, put my clothes on and carefully sorted my new uniforms in my closet.

Before I knew it, it was time for dinner.

We were eating our dinner when Alex suddenly spoke up. "Emma we need to go to your school tomorrow to complete the last part of your registration, and they'll give you your schedule. We have to go before school starts, so I want you ready, out of bed by 6:20 and then we'll leave okay?"

"6:20?" That's early, I said not wanting to wake up.

"Well school starts at 7 and they told us to come by 6:30, so you need to be ready, Plus since school starts at 7 usually you'll have to get up at 6 every day, so tomorrow will be like a practice."
I groaned. "Ugh fine but do I have to come?"

"Stop whining Emma. You have to come, it won't take long. You just need to get up, have a shower and get dressed, you can eat breakfast after we come home if you want" Alex stated.

After dinner, I played on my phone for a bit, and then I talked to Maya. Well until Liam came.
"Emma, it's 10:30, hand me your phone and laptop," he said.
I did not want a repeat of yesterday so I quickly ended my call and handed him my phone and laptop.

"I'm not taking your cable because we're trusting you to not go on the TV, but if you do, you won't like the outcome, understood?" He asked me sternly.

I smiled, glad that they trusted me. "Okay I promise I won't go on the tv"

"Okay, good, now go to bed you need to wake up early tomorrow," he said leaving.

I frowned as he turned my light off and left my room. How was I meant to sleep so early? I mean I was crying and tired yesterday so I fell asleep, but I was in no shape or form to fall asleep now!

I did not wanna risk getting caught watching tv after I'd been trusted not to, so that wasn't an option.

I wondered if Cole had to go to bed at this time too, I mean it'd not be fair if he didn't, considering he was only a few years older than me and still in school. I was pretty
nervous to meet him, I'd adjusted to all my brothers but him.

Honestly, I remember Cole the most out of all my brothers because he was in my age group.
When I and mom used to visit, I remember playing together.
He was coming back from summer camp the day after tomorrow. What if he didn't like me?

What if he felt like I was replacing him? I mean he was the youngest sibling in this house until now.

I was tossing and turning, now nervous about tomorrow and meeting Cole. I mean who wouldn't? I hadn't seen him in years!

Great, now I'm way too nervous to sleep. I get up. I grab my novel, turn on my nightlight and continued to read.

Two hours later I finally noticed the time, it was almost 1 AM! I quickly shut my book, turned off my night light, and finally fell asleep.

Narrators POV
"Noah, could you wake Emma up? We need to leave soon." Alex asked Noah who was already up, about to go to their gym.

Noah agreed and made his way to Emma's room to wake her up, he slowly opened the door.

"Emma? Em, it's time to wake up, it's 6 am, you need to get ready, remember?"
Emma groaned and turned around.

Noah sighed. "Emma, come on you need to get ready by 6:20, get up!"

"Fine fine I'm up" Emma muttered as she struggled to sit up.
"Good, come downstairs by 6:20, Alex is waiting."

As soon as he left the room, Emma fell back on her bed. "Five more minutes," she thought to herself and fell back asleep.