Chapter 58: worry

A couple of days later, I didn't feel like going to school when I woke up. I didn't feel like seeing Catherine, Megan, or even Jamie. He'd been acting weird.

I turned off my alarm and just lay there in bed, staring at the ceiling, when I hear a knock on my door. I don't respond, so they just come in.

"Time to get up girlie," Noah says, opening my blinds. I groan and turn to my side.
"Are you okay?" He asks, walking to my bed. I nod. "Can you leave though?"
He sighs but does as I ask.

I reluctantly get out of bed, have a quick shower, do my hair and makeup and put on my uniform. I make sure everything is in my bag before slinging it over my shoulder and heading downstairs. Aiden and Liam are in the kitchen, Liam is eating cereal while Aiden is sitting on his phone, with an empty plate in front of him.

"Morning Emmy" Aiden says with a grin as I almost trip down the last step.
"Morning," I say back.

"Be careful" Liam reminds me, getting up and putting his empty bowl in the sink before kissing my forehead.

"Where's Alex?" I ask, looking around. He's usually here every morning.
"In his office" Liam responds. "I'm heading to mine too unless you need anything?"

I shake my head. "Alright then, I'll see you after school. Be good" he says, leaving for his office.
"Is your brother up?" Aiden asks, putting his plate away.

"Probably not," I say, rolling my eyes.
"I'll go get him in a minute, what do you want to eat?"
"Uh, eggs," I say.

"Sunny side up?" He clarifies, knowing that that's how I like them.
"Mhm," I say, before taking a seat. Aiden tells the chef what I want before going upstairs to wake Cole up.

Once I'm done with breakfast and Cole is finally ready, we head to school.
I walk into class and turn to my and Jamie's usual seats. He's there, but Megan is sitting right next to him, in my seat. She's laughing at something he said, and sitting extremely close to him, her hand on his arm.

"Hey Em! You won't mind if I sit with Meg, right?" He asked, beaming at me.
"Oh. Uhm, I guess not" I say half-heartedly. I go sit with one of my other friends, Julia.
"Dude, I don't mean to be nosey, but isn't Jamie your boyfriend?" She whispers excitedly as I sit next to her.

"Yeah, he is, why?" I ask worriedly. She looks at them and back at me. "You didn't hear this from me, but the new girl er- what was her name?"

"Megan," I say, not liking where this was going.
"Yeah her, she's been super touchy with him. I was in their class yesterday and she was all over him! He didn't even seem to mind. She was practically flirting with him! And a few minutes ago she was gushing about how she dreamt about him after talking to him before she went to bed" Julia tells me in my ear. Jamie hadn't even called me yesterday.

"What? Really?!" I ask, my heartbeat accelerating.
She nods. "He hasn't done anything, but he hasn't stopped her at all," she says sympathetically.

I look down at my feet. "What do I do?" I ask her.
"Well I for one wouldn't be sitting here while she tries to steal my man, but you do you" she said, shrugging, turning towards the teacher who just came in.

Well, I can't do anything now.

I barely listen to the class, as I try and discreetly look at Jamie and Megan, but it's practically impossible because they're wayyy behind me.

"Emma" Mrs. Harris calls.
"Oh, uhm- what?" I ask, snapping out of my daze.
The entire class laughs quietly, and I even hear a chuckle from Jamie. I turn red with embarrassment as the teacher shakes her head disappointedly.