Chapter 40: jamie

After about an hour I finally finished my homework, so I went back to my room. I passed by aidens room again, I didn't stop but I did hear him still talking to her. Damn, they've been talking for the past hour? Geez.

I went back to my room and collapsed on my bed. I had a long day and I don't doubt that tomorrow is gonna be even longer.

The next morning

I wake up to my alarm as usual. It's been easier for me to wake up since I'm sleeping a bit earlier, and my brothers pester me every morning if I sleep in, so I've learnt to actually wake up on time.

I groan and head to my bathroom. I have a quick shower, I brush my teeth and moisturise my face because it's really dry. I put some lip balm on, then get into my school uniform.
I sit by my vanity table and put some light makeup on and then I struggle to do my hair.

I grab whatever books I need and shove them into my bag, along with the homework I'd done yesterday. I slung my bag over my shoulder and make my way out of my room and down the stairs.

I plop my bag on the sofa and sit by the island to get some breakfast. I greet Alex and Liam who were sitting there too. I'm not really feeling hungry, so I make myself a smoothie instead.
I sit down, wincing slightly.

Alex sighs loudly. "Is Cole still not up?"
I chuckle. "Obviously not"

Liam rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "I'm gonna go wake him up, again"
He heads upstairs and I turn to Alex. "Where's aiden?"

Noah wakes up pretty early, and is usually in the gym at this time, but I couldn't see Aiden, even though I had a pretty good idea where he could be.

Alex opened his mouth, but shut it again. He looked like he was contemplating whether to tell me or not.

I sigh. "Is he at Chloe's or something" I ask.
He nods. "How did you know?"

I shrugged. "Just a hunch"

If he went to her house it probably meant they made up or something, so good for them. I guess.

I finished breakfast and sat by the sofa watching some TV, waiting for Cole.
He finally showed up, hurriedly coming down the stairs.

Alex shook his head. "Cole, you need to start waking up earlier! Hurry up now, you're Going to be late" he scolded, watching Cole slowly scanning the fridge.

Cole stuffed a banana and an energy drink in his bag.
"Don't forget to eat that" Liam reminds him sternly.

Cole nods. "Okay I'm ready, let's go"
"Finally" I say, getting off the couch and going to the front door.

"Emma, wait" Alex called me from where he was sitting.
Cole glanced at me. "I'll go sit in the limo"

I went towards Alex, nervous suddenly. Was I in trouble again or something?
"Yes?" I ask meekly.

"I want you to apologise to both of your teachers for lying" he says sternly.
"Okay, I will" I reply, cringing at the memory of my little lie being unravelled.

"And remind Cole that you have detention today, so he has to go home by himself.

I had completely forgotten about that stupid detention! "Oh shit, I completely forgot!" I say.
He raised a brow, and I immediately regretted cursing.

"Language" he reminded sternly.

"Sorry sorry, it just slipped" I apologise immediately, feeling bad because I'd genuinely tried to stop cursing. Well around them at least.

"It's okay. One of us will come pick you up after detention, okay? He asked, and I nodded.
"You'll be home before aunt and her family come, so don't worry" he reminds.

I say goodbye to him and Liam, and Noah since he'd just come out of the gym.

I finally leave and get in the limo and remind Cole about my detention.

Once we arrive at school, I put my stuff into my locker when Holly approaches me.

"Emma! Yesterday Jamie texted me asking if you got your phone back!" She squeals excitedly.
Not knowing why she was so excited, I asked why.

"He said he has something very important to tell you, you know what that means!" She said, winking and nudging my shoulder.

I blush profusely, remembering what he was probably going to ask me that night at his party.
"Well we can't be certain that we know what it is" I tell her, trying not to get our hopes up.
"Mhm, sure" she says, laughing.

Sadly, we didn't have our first class together, so we go our separate ways and I head to my class. I see Jamie sitting there and I instantly felt butterflies in my stomach, partying more than ever. I compose myself and go sit next to him.

He smiled at me. "Hey em! Uh, the other day you suddenly stopped texting me from hollys phone, was everything okay?" He asked me.

I sigh and shake my head, remembering the events of that day. "Well I got caught, and I don't think my brother is gonna give me my phone any time soon." I tell him sadly, as I watch the smile on his face turn into a frown.

"That sucks! I'm gonna miss texting you" he said sadly.
I try so hard not to blush. He's gonna miss me? Aaw!
"So will I! Hopefully I get it back soon"

"Hey guys, the teacher is absent!!" One of our classmates yell, and we all cheer loudly.
Most of the time when a teacher is absent, we don't even get a substitute, so we all just chill.
And this was perfect! We could finally talk!

And that's just what we did, we talked for half an hour literally about nothing. I then realised how much I had missed him, even if it was just a couple days. His smile, his stupid jokes, his laugh, the way he looks at me, the way I can just so easily talk to him.

"Uh em? You good?" He asks me, waving his hand in my face.
"Huh?" I ask, snapping out of my thoughts.

He laughs softly. "You zoned out"
I chuckled, embarrassed. "Guess I was"

We sat there for a moment awkwardly, neither of us knowing what to say. It seemed like we were thinking about the same thing.

He took a deep breath. "Uhm emma, can I ask you something?" He asks, and my cheeks flush red.

"Yeah? Sure" I say, trying to keep my cool.
"I tried to ask you this at the party, but obviously I couldn't. So I'm going to now" he says, building up the suspense.

"And that is?" I ask him, not being able to wait for much longer.

"Uhm, let's go to the corner of the classroom" he says, and we go to a little section where the teacher usually uses as a storage, it's pretty hidden.

"Emma, I'm just going to say it. I like you. Like like like you. You're absolutely an amazing girl, the moment we met I knew we had something special. The more time we spent together, the more I realised that I was right. Every time I hear your voice my face instantly lights up. At the party, I was trying to avoid you because you took my breath away the moment I saw you. My feelings increase for you day by day every time I see you, and I realised just how much I missed you these past couple days and that I don't want to waste anymore time without telling you this. So, Emma, do you want to go out with me?" He confesses to me sweetly, looking deeply in my eyes while I look into his.

"Oh my god, Jamie, that was so sweet! I like you too!" I squeal, immediately hugging him.
He holds onto me tight, and I rest my head on his shoulder, taking a whiff of his cologne.
I feel him relax in the hug, he was so stiff and nervous before.

We slowly pull apart, and I notice his face is as red as mine probably is.
"So, it's a yes? You'll go out with me?" He asks me nervously, with a huge smile on his face.
I nod vigorously. "Of course I will!"

Authors note: hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm not the best at writing stuff like this, so I apologise if it's not the best.
If you did enjoy though, vote for it and drop a comment, I love reading them!
As always, have a great day/night, love y'all!