Chapter 44: cramps

The week passed by, and it was finally Friday night. I even got my phone back, and I never want to be parted from it again.

School wasn't as crappy as it usually was because of Jamie! We did have a lot of classes together, so I got to spend a lot of time with him, and it was amazing, we were even planning a date! Me and the girls usually hung out after school, so I decided that me and Jamie could go on our date at that time, and I could just tell Alex that I was with the girls! The problem is that Jamie plays football, and his practises and games are usually right after school, so it'll be a bit tight.

Saturday morning, I woke up feeling absolutely horrible. My stomach was aching so bad, and my back hurt too. I struggled to get out of bed and I hobbled to the bathroom, then I found out I had just gotten my period. Just great. I have absolutely horrible period cramps, so that was fun. I groan and put on a pad, waltzed back to my bed and went right back to sleep.

A couple hours later, Noah came into my room.
"Emma?" He prompted, opening my door.

I groan, and he comes next to my bed and crouches down beside me.

"Are you alright? You usually come downstairs by now" he says softly, a slight bit of concern in his tone.

"I got my period. Cramps" I manage to say, clutching my stomach, my eyes still closed.

"Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. Do you want me to bring you breakfast?" He asks me, stroking my hair.
"I don't wanna eat, my stomach hurts too much" I mumble, shifting slightly.

"Okay, let us know if you want anything. Do you want me to bring you your hotpack?" He offers, standing up.

I nod. "Alright, I'll be right back" he tells Me, leaving my room quietly.

The one time I can laze in bed all day without my brothers pestering me about it is when I'm at home and on my period, and they literally do everything I ask.

A minute later Noah comes back in with a hot pack. I immediately take it from him and press it to my stomach, feeling instant relief.

"Do you want to take some painkillers?" He offered.
I managed to sit up, I felt a bit dizzy though. "No I'm okay, I'll take them later if I need to." I say.

"Okay, i'll get them out" he says, walking over to my drawer and pulling out a strip of painkillers. He walked over to me and put it on my bedside table.

I smiled at him. "Can you bring me my phone and laptop, pleeeasee?"
He chuckled. "Fine" he said, and left the room again.
I lay back in bed, clutching the hot pack, feeling slightly better.
A moment later he brings my stuff back and places it on my bed.

"One of us will check on you in a while, okay?" He said, leaving my room once I nodded.
I took my phone, and checked my messages.

I had a message from Daisy, apologising. I did not open it. I will eventually, but I'm still hurt about what she said.

My cramps were slowly getting worse. I groaned as I sat up in bed, feeling dizzy once again. I took the strip of tablets off of my bedside table, and popped one in my mouth. I didn't like taking painkillers so soon, but the pain was overwhelming. I decided to just go back to sleep, hoping I'd feel better when I woke up.

The rest of the day consisted of me cursing my ovaries, watching YouTube and movies, and talking to my friends. My cramps had gotten better, but I was still really dizzy, and my back was aching. I had managed to get out of bed and eat though.

Sunday went by the same way, with me feeling slightly better. I'm usually fine by my third day, so I'd be good to go on Monday.

Monday morning eventually rolls around and I wake up not wanting to go to school at all.
I feel fine, but I just don't want to. I flop back in my bed, planning to tell Alex that I wanted to stay home because of my cramps. Wrong, I know, but I rarely ever skip school anymore, which was a huge change for me, because back then my aunt and uncle didn't give a crap about whether I went to school or not. Thinking about it now, I'm not so sure if that's a good thing.