Chapter 55: over

Bonus chapter!

After I put my bag back in my locker, I head over to go to my art class.

I'm incredibly nervous to see Catherine. And angry. Luckily, I was there before she was. I sat in front of one of the easels and put my stuff down. In the next couple of minutes, students start piling in, including Catherine.

She walks towards me and tries to sit next to me, but I quickly get up and sit somewhere else, between two people. I successfully ignore her the entire class, and when she passed me a note, I crumpled it up, not even considering reading it.

The second the bell rang I grabbed my stuff and left the class, walking rather quickly.
"Emma! Wait up!" Catherine called out to me, following me.

I started walking even faster, trying not to slip on the polished floor.
She manages to catch up to me, but I don't even look her way as she tries to catch her breath and talk to me, mostly making excuses. After a couple of minutes, she marches in front of me and blocks my way, looking pissed.

"I'm so sick and tired of this! You know, you're being way too sensitive and dramatic! So what, your brothers thought they were yours, all they did was probably just lecture and ground you! Then after they found out, they probably ungrounded you, so quit acting like a prick like I ruined your life! At least I apologised, Geez!" She shouted, putting her hands on her hips, her emerald eyes glaring at me.

I clench my fists and look down, trying incredibly hard not to knock her out.

"What's wrong huh? You know that I'm right so you have nothing to say? Typical" she scoffed, crossing her arms.

That's it. I raise my hand and slap her hard across her face, her cheek rippling.
She caught her cheek in her hand and looked at me, absolutely shocked. I could see her cheek becoming red, and I felt satisfied.

"You and I are done" I grit, narrowing my eyes at her. I then shove past her to go to the lunchroom.

When I get there, Holly and Isabelle are at our usual spot. I see Jamie and wave to him, and he smiled and waves back. Luckily, Megan isn't sitting with him.

I sit with the girls and catch them up on what happened since Catherine hadn't shown up yet.
"You slapped her? Seriously Emma?" Isabelle asked, sounding disappointed.
"Well, she deserved it!" I argue.

"But doesn't she have a point? I mean, she shouldn't have lied, but can't Alex just unground you? I honestly don't get why you're so worked up Emma, I'm sorry" Isabelle says.

I turn red, and Holly gives me a knowing look. She's the only one who knows that I get spanked, so she understands why I'm so mad.

"Isa, you know how strict her brothers are. They aren't just gonna brush finding cigarettes off. Who knows how badly they told her off? Plus, Catherine didn't even call her back straight away! And Catherine made a promise to admit that they were hers if her brothers found out. I get why Emma's upset" Holly pointed out, defending me.

I smile. I'm not sure what I did to deserve her.

"I guess you're right. I'm sorry Emma" Isa apologises, giving me a small smile.
"It's all good, I know how much you hate arguments," I say, and she nods.

"What are we going to do if she tries to sit with us?" Isabelle asks us as we see Catherine enter the lunchroom.

"If she knows what's good for her, she won't," Holly says, scowling.

"Dang, you got her good" Isabelle whispers as she sees Catherine's deep red cheek.
I smile inwardly.

The rest of the day goes by in a blur, I had my last period with Catherine, but she doesn't even look my way. She looks scared.