Chapter 26: lines

Emma's POV
Aiden looked infuriated, probably the angriest I'd ever seen him.

"What the hell were you thinking Emma?" He questioned me angrily. He looked like he was gonna burst any second.

I didn't say anything, I just looked at the hardwood flooring of the little restaurant.
I heard him take a deep breath.

"Corner. Now." He said simply, trying to remain calm.

"What?" I asked as I looked up at him.

"You heard me, get into the corner of the restaurant, this instant"

"But-" I protested, but he cut me off. He stood up abruptly, grabbed my bicep, and marched me to the corner of the restaurant. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, judging me probably.

This one woman was staring at me with this judgemental look on her face, shaking her head. I wanted to tell her to mind her own business, but Aiden sent her a glare which made her snap her head back to her meal.

He put me in the corner of the restaurant, and it was so embarrassing! He was treating me like I was a naughty toddler who just had a temper tantrum, I wanted the ground to swallow me whole, right then and there.

He turned me to face the wall, and then, still with an iron grip on my shoulder, he came close to my face.

"Now listen to me Emma, you are going to stand here with your nose to the wall, completely still, without saying a word until I say otherwise. I do not recommend disobeying unless you want me to take you over my knee in front of this entire restaurant. Am I clear?" He said In a harsh whisper.

"Yeah," I mutter.
He squeezes my shoulder.
"What was that?"
I gulp. "Yes sir"

"Good" he responds, finally letting go of my shoulder and walking away.

I'm pretty sure I was in that stupid corner for only 15 minutes, but to me, it felt like hours.
Okay, what was his problem? Why'd he put me in a corner in a damn restaurant? I'm not 5! I'm pretty sure he was finishing his meal, I already had. He was also probably just sitting there, further adding to my embarrassment.

I felt utterly humiliated standing there, I was thanking my lucky stars that I didn't see anyone from school here, that would've been the end of me.

After what felt like an eternity, Aiden came up to me.
"Let's go"
I meekly followed him out of the restaurant, avoiding the gaze of the people sitting there.

He was quiet as we walked to the limo and we got in.

The car ride was painfully silent, it was so awkward, but I figured it was better for my ass if I didn't say anything.

Once we reached home and got out of the limo, Aiden walked inside while I followed.

The second we stepped inside, Alex was there on the couch to greet us.

"How was lunch?" He asked us, looking up from the book he was reading.

I looked at my feet and dug my toes into the plush white carpet that lined the entry of our house.

"Emma, to your room. Now" Aiden ordered firmly, pointing to the stairs. I took off my shoes and headed towards the stairs slowly.

It was evident that he'd calmed down significantly, but I could tell he was still angry with me.

Not my fault that his little girlfriend thought it was a good idea to intrude on our lunch.

"What happened?" I heard Alex ask Aiden. I ran up the stairs, not desiring to hear the conversation.