Chapter 20: girlfriend?

It was Sunday evening, around 7 pm. Emma was extremely nervous for the next day.

Emma's POV
I was lying on my bed, scrolling through Instagram, when I got a message from Alex. It was my school schedule, I had been waiting for it. The lady said they would send it today. I opened it and got up to pack my bag. I kept my file with all my worksheets which I finally completed about an hour ago. I kept all my textbooks which I needed for tomorrow and a notebook. I packed my pencil case and put that in too. I guess that's all I need. I'd put my water bottle in tomorrow.

I hung up my uniform on a hanger and hooked it to the handle of my cupboard. I guess I didn't need to do anything else, I had set my alarm and I promised myself, and Alex, that I would sleep early. I actually managed to sleep earlier last night, around 11, and I did feel better this morning.

I was bored. And nervous too. I was so glad I was going with Cole or I would have been way more nervous.

I got out of bed and walked to Aiden's room. I still hadn't asked him about his girlfriend.

I knocked on his door. "Come in!" I heard him yell.

"What's up lil sis?" He asked me, putting his headphones down and spinning his chair in my direction. I loved Aiden's room so much, it was minimalistic but pretty. I wasn't in here a lot though.

"I just wanted to ask you about your girlfriend" I replied, coming inside his room.

"You know about her? I don't remember telling you" he said, puzzled.

"Cole told me, but I don't know anything about her"

"Well, sit down then and I'll tell you," he said to me, pointing to his bed. We both sat down.

"Her name is Chloe, and we met at university. We've not been dating for long, so that's why I didn't tell you yet. But we seem to be getting more serious, so I might invite her to dinner in a few days." He explained to me.

"Oh. Has everyone else met her yet?" I asked, thinking I was the only one who hadn't met this girl.

"No, they have only seen pictures of her," he said. He glanced at his phone.
"My phone Is charging right now, so I'll show you a picture of her later," he said to me.

"Oh alright. Tell me more about her" I said, unsatisfied with the lack of information he had given me.

"What else do you wanna know?" He asked me, acting as if he had told me everything.
I rolled my eyes. "I don't know, how you met?" I said.

He pointed his finger at me. "Don't roll your eyes. But to answer your question, we just started talking. After a couple of weeks, I started to like her, but I wasn't sure she felt the same way.

To my surprise, she did. So a couple of days later she asked me out, and I gladly said yes. We went to this coffee shop on campus, and we had a wonderful time. I mean we already had a good friendship, so we didn't have an awkward first date" he explained to me.

"Aw, that's cute!" I gushed.

He smiled. "I hope you'll like her, she's nice. She knew about you, way before you came here. She's pretty excited to meet all of you, especially since she's an only child"

"Lucky her," I said, smirking.

"Hey!" Aiden said, jabbing his fingers into my sides, tickling me, causing me to laugh.
"Do you have any more questions?" He asked me.

"No, not really," I said. I wanted to know whether she was nice or not but Aiden would obviously say that she was, so I didn't ask. I'd just have to see for myself. I wasn't too keen on meeting her. What if she was mean? What if she was using Aiden? What if she didn't like me?

"Earth to Emma," Aiden said, waving his hand in my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"What's going on in that little head of yours?" He asked me, chuckling.

"Oh nothing, just thinking bout school" I lied.
"Alright then," he said.

Just then, his phone started ringing. It wasn't too far away, so I caught a glance at the name. It was Chloe. They both talked on the phone a lot. In his room, outside, in the living room, any time, anywhere. Even before I knew it, I had just assumed it was a friend. It got annoying sometimes when I wanted to talk to him, but I had gotten used to it. Honestly, Aiden was the brother I was least close to, I mean I did love him, of course, I did, but we hadn't bonded a lot. But with Alex, Noah, Liam and Cole, I was always talking to them, watching a movie, or just sitting together.

We had a lot of missed time spent together, so I wanted to make up for it. But I felt like I hadn't with Aiden. Not yet anyway, it's not like I've been here for months.

He picked up the call without hesitation, and I got up and left, I mean I didn't want to intrude.
I went to the game room and played this arcade game for a while until it was time for dinner, which was uneventful.

"So Emma, you've got everything packed and sorted for school tomorrow?" Alex asked me, as the servers, well served our food.

"Yeah, I think I've gotten everything, I'm extremely nervous though," I say, taking a bite of the steak.

"And you've done your homework?" Noah asked me, and it took every bone in my body for me to not roll my eyes.

"Yep, all done," I say.

"Well you better get a decent amount of sleep, you'll have to get up early tomorrow," Alex told me, which I had predicted.

After dinner, I stayed on my phone for a while, until Alex came to take it, and my laptop.

I got ready for bed, and after about a half hour, I drifted off to sleep.