Chapter 46: date

I shoved my phone into my pocket, trying not to feel nervous about getting caught. I started regretting this little date. But it was too late to turn back now.

"What's wrong babe?" Jamie asked, after seeing me fidgeting with my fingers.
I shake my head. "I'm okay"

He smirks. "Are you nervous that this is our first date?"
Oh yeah. That too.

A couple of minutes later, we reach the ice cream parlour, and Jamie was right, it was really pretty!
It was decorated with bright colours and soft music played through the speakers. It was extremely packed, understandable, because Jamie did tell me that it was an extremely popular spot.

We find some seats and I look at the list of ice cream options available.

"Woah, I didn't even know this many ice cream flavours existed,'' I tell Jamie, feeling slightly overwhelmed.

He laughs. "It's okay, I've been going here forever, so I know what's good.'' He tells me, taking a glance at the menu himself. He takes a minute to reads out the long list of weird-sounding ice cream flavours.

"I think I'll just stick to my cookies and cream, thank you," I said, much to Jamie's annoyance.
"Basic, but okay," he says, and we order the ice cream.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" He says, standing up. "I'll be right back," he says, heading out the front door. He came out a minute later with a bouquet of orchids in his hand.

"These are for you'' he says grinning, handing the bouquet to me.
"You remembered these are my favourites!" I gushed while bringing the bouquet closer to my face. "They smell amazing, thank you"

He smiled. "I'm glad you like them"
We chatted for a bit, and it was wonderful being able to spend time with him outside of school, we felt so carefree.

Eventually, our ice cream arrived and it was to die for! The best ice cream I've ever tasted, hands down.

"You were right, this is so good!" I said while having a bite of my ice cream.
He grinned. "I knew you'd like it"

We talk for a bit more, and then I look up from my ice cream, and I swear, my heart skipped a beat when I saw who was entering. Aiden and Chloe!

I immediately cover my face with one of the napkins on the table.
"Uh, babe? You okay?" Jamie asked, confused.

"It's my brother!" I shrieked frantically, lowering the napkin slightly as I see Aiden and Chloe walk in another direction.

"Oh. Uhh, I'll hide in the bathroom?" He asks, and I quickly nod as he rushes to the bathroom.

I take a deep breath and think about what to do. We can't just leave, I mean we haven't paid, and if we walk to the front to pay Aiden will see me, because that's where he and Chloe were seated.

Literally, not even a minute later, Aiden walked up to me looking extremely confused.
"Emma? What are you doing here?" He questioned, scanning my table.
"Uhm I" I began, not knowing what to say.

"Emma," he says firmly, making me look up at him.
"Tell me the truth" he orders.
I realised if I lied, they'd still be able to find out and I'll be in even more trouble, so I better just come clean.

"Emma?" Aiden said, waving his hand impatiently in my face.
"Oh. Uhm, yeah" I say, snapping out of my thoughts.
He sighs. "I don't have all day Emma"

I gulp. How was I gonna tell my brother I was on a date? I mean, if I were to tell one of them it would be him. Besides Cole obviously.

"Soo, I'm kinda on a date?" I tell him slowly.
I saw the colour from his face drain. "You're on a what?"
"A date?" I reply, my voice wobbling.