Chapter 79: themepark

"Oh," Aiden said quietly. I could hear the hurt in his voice. But I didn't care, he'd hurt me too.
"Alright then. Let me know if you need anything," He said, leaving my room and shutting the door.

I sighed, shifting position, trying to get comfortable. I eventually did fall asleep, not waking up for another couple hours.
Once I did wake up, I sat up cautiously, my head still spinning.

"How are you feeling?" I hear someone ask me. Surprised, I turn to my side, and Aiden is sitting right beside me, reading a book.

I rub my eyes, as I look at him in confusion. "What are you doing here?" I asked, half- incoherently.
"I know you didn't want company, but I didn't feel right leaving you alone," He said with a smile. "And I'm not going anywhere,"

He kept his word. For the rest of the day, Aiden stayed with me and looked after me. By the evening, My headache was almost completely gone, and my nausea had mostly subsided. I threw up two more times, which wasn't fun, but it wasn't as horrible as it was in the morning.

Around 7, me and Aiden were lying on the couch, watching some random movie I had chosen.
"It's probably better you stay home tomorrow too," He said, kissing my forehead.
"Surprised you're letting me," I grumble.

In all honesty, even though Aiden had taken great care of me today, I was still upset. I didn't say anything to him until now, because he apologised like a hundred times, and he seemed really guilty. Plus, when Aiden told Alex and the others what happened today, they were mad. Like furious. I don't know exactly what they said, but Cole overheard Liam threatening Aiden, saying he would come home early since Aiden 'is being incompetent and can't manage to take care of his own siblings properly'. Ouch. Must hurt to hear Liam of all people say that.

Guilt flashed across his face as soon as I said that, and I felt a bit bad.
"I really am sorry Emma. I should've at least listened to you. I'll try and do a better job of that moving forward,"

I put my head on his chest and continued to watch the scene on the TV play. "Thanks,"
He kisses my hair. "I'm not doing the best job at looking after you both, am I?" He asks with a chuckle, before sighing. "The guys are gonna beat my ass when they get back,"

"They're that mad?" I ask.
He nods. "You have no idea,"

We watched the movie in silence for a few minutes before I spoke up.
"What made you believe I was faking it, anyway? Cole told me that he pretended to be sick a lot to get out of stuff, is that why?" I ask.

"Yeah, I guess. I played that trick quite a few times myself too, so I thought you just didn't want to take the test," He said, reaching forward to grab the remote from the coffee table.

"Exactly how mischievous were you back when you were younger?" I ask curiously. I know that Cole used to get into a lot of trouble before I showed up, but I haven't heard that many stories about Aiden being in hot water.

He snorts. "You act like I'm thirty. The last time I got into trouble was only like two years ago,"
"Aren't you kinda in trouble now?" I ask.

He scratches his head. "Well, if you put it that way, I guess I am. But I meant that two years ago was the last time I got punished for something. But now, even if I'm in trouble, I can't get spanked anymore,"

"Ya sure? Alex and Noah seem pretty mad," I say teasingly.
He ruffles my hair. "Don't scare me like that." He says with a chuckle.

"Can I ask you something?" I say.
"Shoot," he says, pausing the movie.
"Do you have memories of when me and mom used to come here on vacation?" I ask.

He nodded. "Course I do." He said before a grin spread across his face. "Do you remember when we went to the theme park?"
"No.." I say. "I kind of remember going I guess, but the memory is vague."