Chapter 50: cigarettes

The idea for this chapter was given by @_notoriousreader101_ I hope I did it justice!

Three excruciatingly long weeks have passed and I'm ecstatic to get my phone back. Alex is never too strict when I'm grounded, I just have no phone or laptop. That might sound bad, but he still lets me hang out with my friends if I want to, so it isn't all horrible. Aiden has been down the past week because Chloe left. They went on their vacation, she came over all day on his birthday (much to my annoyance). He's still pretty bummed though, he's home a lot more often. I did want her to leave, but I don't like Aiden being sad, it sucks. Cole said he'd get over it soon, but I'm not so sure he will.

I can't wait for Jamie to come over and meet my brothers! Once they see how wonderful he is, they'll let me date him, properly! It might seem lame for us to have a 'date' in my own house, but considering that it's my brother's, it's fine for now. Baby steps.

I woke up Monday morning, actually excited to get ready so I could get my phone back. I skip to the shower and clean myself. After that, I take a long time trying to tame my wild hair, and I put it in a long ponytail. After, I put on some light makeup, and my uniform on. I quickly pack my bag and head downstairs.

"Cole if you do not get up in the next 10 seconds, I'm dragging you out of bed! 10, 9, 8" I hear Noah say, rather yell at my still asleep brother. I roll my eyes, it's the same thing with him every day.

"Morning Emma," Alex says cheerily, sitting by the island, looking at something on his phone as he drinks his coffee.

"Morning!" I say, equally as cheery, as I grab some cereal and pour it into a bowl.
"Somebody is extra cheerful today," he says, smirking.

I turn around as I pour the milk into my bowl, still smiling. "Of course, I'm finally getting my phone back!"

He rolls his eyes teasingly. "You act like I've had it for years Emma" he says, taking my phone out of his pocket and sliding it to me. "All yours"

I beam at him and grab my phone, as I sit down to eat.
After I finish, I flop on the couch and text my friends as I wait for Cole to come downstairs.
He finally does, and after he has his breakfast, we head out the door.

"Can I please borrow your phone for a minute" Cole begs when we're in the Limo.
I shake my head and bring my phone close to my chest. "No way, I just got it back, and I have so much to catch up on!"

He rolls his eyes and slumps back in his seat. Cole got his phone taken away last week for being not-so-polite with Noah.

We finally reach school and I reluctantly put my phone away. I just got it back, I don't want it to get taken away if I get caught using it.

The first period was boring, I had none of my friends with me, and the guy I was sitting next to was a chump.

The second period finally rolls around and I enter the class, meeting Jamies beaming gorgeous face.

"Hey babe!" He says as I sit down next to him. "I'm so glad you got your phone back, I've missed talking to you" he says, squeezing my hand, and kissing it.

I blush and smile. "I am too"
I must be having a lucky day, because the teacher assigns us a pair assignment, and me and Jamie got to talk the entire time!

The bell rings, and after we submit our assignment, we leave. "I wish I had more classes with you today," I say sadly, as we walk to my locker, as he nods silently.

At lunchtime, Catherine is awfully quiet. "Um Cath, you okay?" I ask her after she's been toying with her food for the past ten minutes.

Isabelle and Holly nod. "Yeah, you seem off," Isa says.
She shakes her head. "Don't worry about it" she reassures us, but I can tell something's wrong. I'll get to the bottom of it, I have a class with her next.