fouteen.

Today marked Aubrey and Camilla's latest therapy session, a routine occurrence that had become somewhat mundane for Aubrey. However, for Camilla, today's session held a unique weight.

She had been grappling with a sense of transformation ever since her recent girls' night out with friends, though she hesitated to fully acknowledge it. Within the safe confines of Nicola's therapist office, Camilla couldn't help but wonder if she had lost a part of herself along the way.

While her priorities had naturally shifted, she found herself in an unexpected internal struggle, questioning the woman she had become.

It had nothing to do with alcohol or revelry; it was all about her sense of individuality, the desire to rediscover herself beyond the roles of Aubrey's spouse and the mother of his children.

"My favourite couple" Nicola laughed, greeting them both.

"Ah, I bet you say that to all your couples" Aubrey chuckled, letting Camilla take her seat before he took his.

"How are you doing?" Camilla smiled at her.

"I'm good, thank you. How are you both? Good? Don't lie to me" Nicola took her seat opposite them both.

"I'm better, can't complain" Aubrey replied.

"Less occupied this time I see?" Nicola raised an eyebrow to which Aubrey nodded.

"I'm okay" Camilla said, her body language closed off today.

"So, today I thought we would try something different. As much as I feel like you both are genuinely a great couple and love each other, it occurred to me that there are many more components to your relationship that should be explored"

"This feels very heavy" Camilla exhaled.

"Don't worry" Nicola laughed, taking out her notebook and pen. "Today's session will be about trust. You will take turns to ask each other questions that you probably wouldn't have ever said to one another"

Aubrey was already imagining himself ending up in the spare bedroom after today's session.

"You realise I have to go home with her after this, right?" Aubrey said, half jokingly and half seriously. Camilla playfully slapped his arm.

"Yes, but you will both understand each other a lot better after this. During our first meeting session Aubrey, you said you were only here because Camilla wanted to be here... I don't think that has changed since then" Nicola cleared her throat. "I think you have both grown too accustomed with your dynamic, I have my own theory about why this is. However, I think this exercise will allow you both to understand each other's perspectives and feelings without judgment"

Aubrey nodded, because Nicola was right. He didn't really think there was anything wrong with their relationship. If it was up to him then they would've never step foot in this place, but he also understood that his behaviour was the cause of the way Camilla felt.

Nicola gave them a few minutes to write down their questions for each other. The main reason that they had to have the questions ready beforehand was so that they did not decide to change their questions based off of the other.

She wanted them to be completely authentic to the exercise. She noticed that Camilla had drawn a like through a few questions and rewritten different ones, Aubrey on the other had seemed to be very sure of what he wanted to ask.

"Aubrey, please ask Camilla your first question. Camilla, you will then answer and you can ask Aubrey your first question. This will go on until the questions are finished or you no longer feel comfortable doing this exercise" Nicola said, writing something in her notebook before looking up at both of them.