twenty one.

Camilla stirred awake to the sound of her phone ringing, her heart pounding in her chest as she glanced over at the boys still sleeping peacefully beside her. With a sense of apprehension, she answered the call, her voice groggy from sleep.

"Hello," she murmured, stifling a yawn. Her eyes widened as she listened intently to the voice on the other end.

Within the next 45 minutes, Camilla hurriedly made her way to meet 40 and Monique. Leaving the boys with Sandi and Julianna, she withheld the news, not wanting to alarm them until she knew all the facts.

40 had called to deliver the devastating news that Aubrey and Baka had been arrested, currently held in custody. Hush, on the other hand, had been arrested and then released a few hours later. What should've been an easier transition from Miami to Toronto was met with trouble as soon as they arrived at the airport.

Monique sat in her office, surrounded by stacks of legal documents and case files, her brow furrowed in deep concentration as Camilla and 40 stood in front of her desk.

She was no stranger to bending the rules in pursuit of victory, and Aubrey's case presented an opportunity for her to flex her legal prowess.

As she skimmed through the case file, Monique's eyes lingered on the thin veil of evidence woven by the prosecution. It was a flimsy concoction of hearsay and speculation, designed to paint Aubrey as the mastermind behind a crime he had no part in. But Monique knew better than to take the prosecution's narrative at face value.

With a flick of her pen, Monique began to unravel the tangled web of lies spun by the prosecution. She honed in on the alleged witness – a convenient pawn in the prosecution's game, whose testimony conveniently placed Aubrey and Baka at the scene of the crime.

As Monique outlined her plan of action, Camilla's nerves were palpable. "They can't keep him, right?" she pleaded, seeking reassurance from Monique and 40.

"Let's just hear what Nique is saying, C" 40 interjected, attempting to ease her anxiety.

"I did as much digging as possible within the short time we've known about this, I will do more. The prosecution are alleging that Aubrey and Baka killed Lorenzo, more importantly over an unresolved dispute from years ago."

"They don't even want to know what happened to my dad, they have something against Aubrey"

"I don't think it's a group, it's definitely one person in that office that is pressing this" Monique said, looking down momentarily before she spoke. "But the prosecution is trying to build a case based on flimsy evidence and personal vendettas. They're alleging ties to organise crime and are attempting to turn this into a RICO case."

"Sean said that" 40 said, looking up.

"When?" Monique asked, raising an eyebrow remembering that she had asked them to stay away from Sean.

"A little while back, ask Aubrey and Baka" 40 responded.

"See, this is where shit gets interesting. That's probably enough to get the case thrown out. But, we can't underestimate them. We need to counter their narrative with hard facts and airtight arguments. I've uncovered some inconsistencies in the witness testimony, and I believe we can use that to discredit their case."

"So what are we supposed to do in the meantime?" Camilla asked.

"I know this is easier said than done, but leave this with me. Trust me. I'll file motions to suppress evidence, challenge witness credibility, and expose the prosecution's underhanded tactics. But we need to be strategic and patient."

After the meeting, Camilla returned home, her mind swirling with worry. She struggled to find the right words to explain the situation to Sandi and Julianna.

Sandi and Julianna both paid attention to Camilla's notably different demeanour when she returned home.

"Can you guys sit down for a second?" Camilla exhaled,

"Is it Aubrey?" Julianna asked and Camilla nodded.

"Is he okay?" Sandi sat down nervously.

"He's been arrested-"

"What?!" Sandi and Julianna said in unison.

"Him and Baka have been arrested on suspicion of murder, but they didn't do it and their lawyer knows that they will not go down for this-"

"This is like all those years ago happening again" Sandi clutched her hand in her chest.

"It's not, I promise" Camilla took her hand.

"This is about Lorenzo isn't it?" Julianna asked.

"It is, but-"

"I've got to talk to Shane and the police, I can help"

"Mom" Camilla looked straight at Julianna. "Listen to me, Monique can handle this. Don't do anything irrational...please." Camilla nervously said.

The next two days were filled of stress and anxiety for not only. Under Monique's orders, everyone was to act as normal as possible.

"Hello?" Camilla said, balancing the phone between her ear and her shoulder as she cut up pieces of fruit for the boys.

"Hey baby, it's me"

"Oh my God, Aubrey?!" Camilla shrieked.

"Yes, Aubrey. Your husband" he let out a light chuckle. "It's so good to hear you voice"

"This feels like all those years ago" Camilla said, a small smile appearing on her face.

"You remember I used to rap to you on this shit?"

"Yes" Camilla laughed. "And we used to say when you got out, we were gonna make you a superstar? On some Get Rich or Die Tryin' shit"

"We can still get that going" Aubrey chuckled.

"How are you?" Camilla asked, beginning to feel a little down thinking about him being in there.

"I'm holding up baby, don't worry about me. How are you and the kids?"

"Aubrey, I feel like I'm losing my mind without you" Camilla responded. "The kids are good, I'm trying to keep everything as normal as possible"

"Baby, you are so strong. So much stronger than you even think. I will be home soon" Aubrey responded. "Book a visit, I need to see you"

"Okay, as soon as we get off of the phone, I'll sort it out"

"I haven't got much time left on the phone right now, but I'm working on getting something else together"

"Aubrey, don't go getting-"

"Not on this phone" he muttered, looking around.

"Okay, got it" Camilla cleared her throat.

"My bail hearing is next week. I need you there"

"And your mom?"

"She can't handle that. I don't want her to get upset. If I don't get to call her today, tell her I love her and everything is going to be fine"

"I will baby, is there anything I can do to help?"

"Just stay strong, you got this- listen baby, I've gotta go but as soon as I can speak to you again I will"

"Okay, bye baby. I love you"

"I love you too. Book that visit"

And just like that, the phone call was over. He sounded in good spirits which helped Camilla's anxiety, but there was a thousand things running through her mind at once.