six.

Monique replied almost instantly, her message flashing on Aubrey's phone: "Got it. Will do some digging and get back to you. Try to act as normal as possible"

Aubrey sighed and leaned back in his chair, his mind racing with the implications of the officer's questions. He couldn't deny that he had enemies, but he had nothing to do with Lorenzo's death.

He knew Sean knew more than he was letting on. He was battling between what he would've normally done and how he wanted to behave moving forward.

Almost instantaneously, a call from Baka came through. A small smirk on Aubrey's face appeared, almost like the decision had been made for him.

"Baks, what's going on?"

"I just had feds come to my house with a warrant, searching through my shit"

"They just came to the restaurant, I'm sure my house is next"

"I don't like the fact I don't know what's going on, it's driving me insane"

"Considering we got a crown attorney giving us tip-offs, it's probably worth talking to him. He must know something" Aubrey uttered.

"Talk to him? I want the information then I want him dead, I don't trust him"

"We've gotta be strategic. I'll get the drop on him and then we strike"

"Alright, talk soon"

After his conversation with Baka, Aubrey immediately started planning. Aubrey returned home to get everything ready. He packed a bag with gloves, rope, and duct tape, knowing they might need it.

"Please be safe" Camilla looked at Aubrey as she watched him prepare to leave.

"I will, baby. I promise" he paused to kiss her. "Don't worry"

"I'm trying..." she sighed. Camilla wanted to say more, to ask him to reconsider, but she knew that he was doing this to protect their family, especially her. She trusted him, even if she was scared. It could've been easy for him to decide to let everything fall back on her mom, Julianna but he wouldn't.

Aubrey left his phone and Baka's phone with Camilla and met up with Baka in front of Sean's home. The plan was for Camilla to make it seem like Aubrey and his friends were over having a games night, just in case things took a turn for the worse.

"I'm tempted to just go in there and kill that nigga, No talking, no nothing" Baka hissed, patting his hip to make sure his gun was firmly in place.

"Not until he starts talking" Aubrey reminded him.

Their plan was to confront Sean and see his reaction. Aubrey knew that Baka was a hothead and could easily lose control, so he reminded him to keep his cool until Sean started talking.

As they made their way into Sean's home through the backyard, they could hear the sound of footsteps. They quickly hid, and when Sean emerged, Baka punched him straight in the face, knocking him out cold. Aubrey couldn't help but chuckle before appearing and helping Baka move Sean into a different room.

"How long do you think he'll be out of it for?" Aubrey asked a few minutes later.

"Wakey, wakey" Baka lightly slapped Sean. A few moments later his eyes fluttered open.

"What the fuck are you both doing here?" Sean asked, wincing in pain.

"Fuck? So we're cursing at each other now, Sean?" Aubrey replied, shaking his head.

"You niggas have me tied up to a chair in my own damn house, but, cursing is where you draw the line?"

"I'm not here for the dramatics Sean" Baka got at eye level with him. "Why didn't you tell us you were a crown attorney?"