ten.

Aubrey's comments had struck a nerve with Camilla, catching her off guard because it was unlike him. She sensed that his outburst stemmed more from being consumed with the case rather than any actual insecurity about her potential involvement with other partners. Initially, her instinct was to storm back into the room and unleash a torrent of expletives at him, demanding to know the true issue.

However, she recalled Nicola's "homework" they had been assigned and decided it would be best for Aubrey to autonomously engage with it. Plus, Camilla knew she needed to calm down before attempting any discussion with him.

Instead, she opted to release her frustrations on the treadmill, putting in her AirPods to shut out the world temporarily.

Meanwhile, Aubrey's mind was flooded with a multitude of thoughts. He acknowledged the pettiness of their argument, realizing it was nothing more than a shallow disagreement. He regretted hurting his wife's feelings by insinuating she was hiding something, considering she had always been open and transparent with him. He knew there were more important matters to concern themselves with than misjudged statements.

Ascending the stairs, Aubrey checked on their boys and unsurprisingly found them wide awake, refusing to nap. He scooped them both up, cradling them gently in his arms, and settled in the couple's bed. His eyes fluttered open almost two hours later, just as a freshly showered Camilla entered the room from the bathroom. She purposefully ignored him, briefly glancing at their children before continuing her brisk pace around the room and exiting.

Determined to break the silence, Aubrey trailed after Camilla and intercepted her in her tracks. "Silent treatment?" he questioned, searching her eyes for a response.

"No, I just have nothing to say to you," she retorted, her glare unwavering.

"I have something to say to you," Aubrey stated firmly.

Camilla raised an eyebrow, signaling her willingness to listen.

In a characteristically dramatic gesture, Aubrey knelt before her, encircling her hips with his arms, and met her gaze. "I'm sorry. I have a lot on my mind, but that's no excuse. My words were childish and uncalled for. I..." Aubrey paused, catching Camilla off guard. She couldn't help but stifle a small giggle, looking down at him.

"Apology...not accepted," she responded, maintaining her composure.

Aubrey's brows furrowed, perplexed. "Why not?"

"Because, I know this isn't about me," Camilla declared, raising an eyebrow. "This is about you. What's going on?"

Aubrey sighed, feeling the weight of everything bearing down on him.

"You know that feeling when you know you're being kept in the dark about something, but you don't know what?"

"Yeah, that's how you feel?" Camilla caressed Aubrey's face as he nodded. It was clear he was overwhelmed by everything, he had tried to play it cool but the worrisome reality that he may be taken from his family for something he didn't do, was too much to handle.

"If it was just me, I wouldn't be as thrown off by this, but you and the kids are all that matters to me. Sean still ain't said shit and I ain't relying on no nigga, especially a fed. Matter of a fact, I should have Hush kill this motherfucker"

"No, wait, let me think of something. There's no way you'll go down for this" Camilla looked teary eyed at him.

"I don't want you involved, baby. Cause you know I won't hesitate to kill a nigga over you" Aubrey replied, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Just trust me" Camilla looked up at him.

The next morning, Camilla rose earlier than usual, her mind buzzing with thoughts on how she could assist. She recognized the need to approach things differently from Aubrey and his friends, taking a unique angle. Eventually, she found herself striding through the hallways of Sean's office.