fifteen.

"Bowling, when you know you're better than me is just showing off" Camilla said as they held hands, walking to the front bowling lane.

"There's not many things I can't do, baby" Aubrey teased.

With Sandi graciously agreeing to take care of the boys for the night, Aubrey saw an opportunity to kickstart their "date night homework" as suggested by Nicola.

Aubrey couldn't help but flash a confident grin as he picked up a bowling ball.

Camilla selected her ball, and as she approached the lane, she gave Aubrey a playful side-eye. "Alright, let's see if you still got it."

Aubrey chuckled, positioning himself at the foul line. He held the heavy ball in his hand, sizing up the pins at the far end of the lane.

With a smooth, practiced motion, he sent the ball rolling down the lane. It hit the pins with precision, scattering them in all directions, and a triumphant grin spread across his face.

Camilla shook her head in mock disbelief. "You're just showing off now!"

Aubrey joined her with a laugh. "You know I had to!"

Camilla stepped up to the lane, gripping her chosen ball. She had a determined look on her face as she focused on the pins. With a graceful swing, she released the ball, and it rolled down the lane, curving slightly but heading straight for the pins. There was a satisfying crash as the pins collided and knocked down several of them.

"Those years of teaching you paid off, buh?" Aubrey teased, giving her a high-five.

"Oh please, you mean when you used go stand behind me as an excuse to be close to me?" She giggled.

"Like this?" Aubrey smirked, standing behind her and kissing along her neck.

As they continued to play, their competitive spirits died down and it became a moment of pure fun and connection. Bowling was one of their first dates and it would always probably be their 'thing' in the relationship.

"Tonight reminded me of when we first started dating" Camilla said with a smile as they walked up the driveway. She held a bouquet of roses that Aubrey had thoughtfully bought for her earlier.

"Me too" Aubrey grinned, kissing her on the head.

"Except you're much cuter now" she teased.

"Is that so?" Aubrey chuckled. "You want me to talk about how you used to stuff your bra?"

Camilla laughed, playfully swatting his arm. "Oooh! Don't try it braces, God ended up replacing the tissue with the real deal"

"I love you, you know that?"Aubrey said, his smile softening.

"I love you too" Camilla replied, looking up at him with affection. Aubrey cupped her face and kissing her.

Their one morning to sleep in was interrupted by the sound of Camilla's phone ringing. Camilla watched her phone ring for a few moments before groaning and answering the phone.

"Hello, who is this?" Camilla croaked.

"Hey...it's Sean"

"Oh, why are you calling me from this random number?"

"This is serious, can you meet me in the next hour?"

"At your office?"

"No, I have to avoid all contact with you both right now. I'll send you an address to a coffee shop. Meet me there"

"Got it" Camilla replied, a huge feeling of worry coming over her.

The dimly lit coffee shop nestled on the corner of a quiet street exuded an air of coziness and solitude. Its exterior, adorned with rustic wooden panels and a quaint, hand-painted sign, gave it a charming, old-world charm.