one.

The drive home from couples therapy was silent. Aubrey felt some type of way about Camilla saying he made her feel unloved, Camilla felt some type of way about Aubrey's reluctant behaviour and refusal to take accountability for how he made her feel. There were more things she wanted to say. Things that maybe not even a therapist could understand.

[2 months ago]

"Aubrey..." Camilla sighed, watching Aubrey's facial expression change.

"A divorce is what you think would fix this?" Aubrey furrowed his eyebrows, bewildered at her suggestion.

"Aubrey you're barely here! We live like we're separated! This idea you had in your head of me as your perfect wife and giving you the perfect life with the kids and the white picket fence hasn't matched up, just say that!"

"Because I'm working for our family. For us to have something to leave our children! Our grandchildren! This is nothing to do with whatever idea you think I had of you. I've known you since we were young, you think some fucking setbacks has made me feel different about being with you?" He stood in front of her, holding her face.

"What's working? When you leave me to go to Miami with your friends and you're at strip clubs, that's working? When you tell me you've got a meeting at the restaurant about events but I go to the restaurant and no one has seen you the whole day? That's working, huh?" Camilla let out a tearful snigger, removing his hands from her face.

"Ah see, I'm not letting you take things there" he shook his head briefly. "I'm not cheating, there is no other woman, nothing like that"

"Wouldn't be the first time" she exhaled, letting a tear fall.

"Okay baby, look...I have been working, just not- just not at the restaurant"

"Aubrey?" She raised both eyebrows.

"Loose ends I need to tie up. They're almost tied up. You understand what I'm saying?" He said, softly.

"This might be worse than cheating. You forgot you have not one but two sons?"

"Listen, life isnt always a fairytale, I started some shit before I went away and once I've finished everything will be completely legit. I love my sons and I love you, baby" his 6"2 stature towered over her as she glared up at him.

-

[Now]

"Look who it is, Alijah!" Sandi smiled, watching Alijah perk up as Aubrey and Camilla stepped through the door. Alijah was now 19 months old, also incredibly hyper and extremely jealous of his little brother Aaron. Camilla had gotten pregnant shortly after their vacation to St Maarten, most definitely a shock and overwhelming but a blessing nonetheless.

"You never wanna sleep, huh?" Aubrey chuckled, picking up Alijah as he ran and stood in front of the pair of them giggling. Alijah shook his head no, causing the trio to laugh.

"Thank you for doing this, Sandi" Camilla smiled, hugging Sandi briefly and turning back to face Alijah.

"It's no trouble, I love my grandsons" Sandi replied. "They've both had baths. Aaron is upstairs sleeping, he knocked out a little while ago. He's had two bottles and three diaper changes. Alijah has eaten, I did give him a little candy and he used the potty a few times. Oh, and his teeth have been brushed too even though I don't think he wanted that"

"You dealt with a lot, wow" Camilla laughed. "I'm gonna try and get this one to sleep, I'll be back, say goodnight" she said to Alijah.

"Night, night" he waved at Sandi, stretching to give her a hug. Camilla said nothing to Aubrey, taking Alijah from him and heading upstairs.