seventeen.

In place of always being a head of situations, Aubrey was anxious to try and cover his stacks. The main focus was hiding the large amounts of money that couldn't be accounted for.

Aubrey's heartbeat quickened as he stashed bundles of money into a hidden safe. Beside him, Hush, 40, and Chubbs mirrored his actions.

"Why the sudden rush to bring all this here?" Hush asked, his eyes locked on the growing mountain of cash.

"Listen, I do not know how shit is gonna go down and we need to be prepared" Aubrey confessed. "If anything happens-"

"Don't fucking talk like that, man" Chubbs interrupted.

"We gotta be serious with this. If anything happens, all I ask is that y'all look out for Camilla and my boys. I know she's strong but I still gotta worry"

"You know we got you already" Hush nodded.

"Always" Chubbs agreed. "What's Monique saying about this?"

"Monique is really doing her thing, I can't fault her. She is prepared for almost everything"

"You think you gonna have to go back to jail?" Hush asked, worried about the answer he'd receive.

"At this point, anything is possible." Aubrey sighed. "If I didn't have Camilla and the kids, it wouldn't even fuck with me like that. But it's different now."

"Whatever happens, you're gonna be good. I know it's not gonna come to that, you're always there for everybody and now it's the time for everybody to show you that gratitude" 40 spoke.

"I appreciate that, man. I ain't ever gotta worry about y'all, I know you're my family"

Baka walked back in holding a duffel bag.

"I thought you were getting rid of that shit?" Chubbs asked, looking through and still seeing the firearms in the bag.

"I was on my way to bring it to J Prince, but I swear somebody was following my ass" Baka hissed.

"Nigga so you came back here?!" Chubbs panicked, grabbing the bag from him.

"You wanted me to to go home with this shit?!" Baka questioned.

"Aubrey cut in, his urgency palpable, "This isn't the time for that. We need to move fast."

A knock echoed through the warehouse, and Officer Mitchell materialized, gun aimed at them.

"What are you all up to?" he demanded.

40, defiant, challenged him, "What do you think we're doing? We're businessmen, working in a warehouse."

"Open those duffel bags," Officer Mitchell ordered.

"And if we don't?" Chubbs raised an eyebrow.

"I'm an officer, I could shoot you all right now and get away with it. I'll see what's in this place one way or another"

"You sure?" Aubrey slightly grinned, distracting him as Baka fired a fatal blow into the side of his head causing him to fall to the floor. They all watched as Officer Mitchell fell to the floor.

"Who's in control now?" Baka chuckled. Aubrey, wearing leather gloves, retrieved Officer Mitchell's belongings from his pockets. The others followed suit, donning their gloves.

"We don't know if anyone was following him though!" 40 shook his head.

Officer Mitchell lay on the floor, teetering on the brink of unconsciousness, his fingertips twitching as he struggled to speak.

"Be quiet, we're talking" Hush kicked Officer Mitchell's side.

"They weren't" Aubrey said, looking up from Officer Mitchell's phone. "Sean sent him"

"What?"  Baka looked up. Aubrey held up the phone, showing the text thread between Officer Mitchell and Sean.

Sean: Met with Graham and Savoury last week and mentioned OVO enterprises. Didn't get much feedback, don't think they trust me yet. Working on it. Any update on your plan?

Mitchell: Interesting. See if you can keep drip feeding them info, going on an unauthorised stake out tonight, if I find out something I'll bring it back to the boss. If not, keep it quiet.

Sean: Noted. I want in on any information you find out. I'm the reason this case is even together.

Mitchell: As your superior, I don't have to do that. I'll text you with an update.

-

"I knew his ass was trying to play us!" Baka spoke.

"We should kill Sean ass after this" Hush spoke, helping Baka clean up the area where Officer Mitchell lay.

"Nah, I got a better idea" Aubrey held up Officer Mitchell's badge and handed it to Chubbs. "Hide this shit and the gun in Sean's house"

"And then what?" Chubbs asked, watching Aubrey texting from Officer Mitchell's phone.

"Texts are gonna show he and Sean were supposed to meet up and discuss the case. They'll think Sean killed him." Aubrey announced, watching their faces slowly change to a smile.

Aubrey returned home a few hours later to find Camilla laying in bed watching TV. Her happy to see him smile slowly faded as she noticed his change of clothes.

"What did you do?" Camilla looked at him, turning on the lamp that stood on the nightstand.

"Damn, I can't even get a kiss?" He awkwardly laughed, moving towards their en suite bathroom door.

Camilla stood up and walked over to him, cupped his face and kissed him on the mouth. "Now tell me, what the fuck did you do?"

"Can I shower first before you interrogate me?" Aubrey looked at her. "You could shower with me to speed up the process"

"Fuck off, Aubrey." Camilla laughed, lightly pushing him into the bathroom. "You can tell me as you shower." she raised an eyebrow.

Camilla leaned against the counter as Aubrey stepped into the shower. She waited in silence until he began to recount the night's events.

Camilla took a deep breath. "Sean is really a snake, I'll kill him! Imagine if everything didn't play out like that?!"

"I know, but the best thing is we know he's a rat and he's gonna be dealt with" Aubrey reassured her. "What's that smell in the shower?"

"It's eucalyptus, I read it's good for your skin" Camilla shrugged.

"You on your hippy shit for real." Aubrey joked, making her laugh.

"So, just to be clear the Officer Mitchell situation is fine and in no way linked to you guys, right?"

"Nothing is ever 100%, but yes. We've got our plan. One less crooked cop to worry about"

"That makes me feel relieved" Camilla confessed, handing him a white towel as he exited the shower.

"Good" Aubrey said, kissing her forehead. "We're gonna get through this."