three.

Legal woes were weighing heavy on Camilla and Aubreys minds. Camilla stood in the kitchen, a glass of red wine pressed against her lips as she stared into the distance.

Aubrey came downstairs after putting both boys to bed, something he wasn't always present for but earlier seemed to put things into perspective.

"Baby?" He asked, she looked up at him emotional and hesistant to speak. "Talk to me" he furrowed his eyebrows, taking the glass out of her hand and placing on the counter.

"You're really not worried?" she looked at him.

"A little...but this is one situation I know for sure I'm innocent in-"

They were interrupted by the sound heavy banging on the front door. Aubrey immediately moved to retrieve his gun, Camilla gestured for him to relax as she watched the security camera monitors in the hallway to see it was her mom.

Julianna looked frantic, it was obvious she'd been drinking which was completely out of character for her.

"Mom, what's going on?" Camilla looked around outside then pulled her mother in.

"Where's Aubrey? I need to talk to him-"

"Julianna, are you okay?" Aubrey walked over.

"Aubrey, I'm sorry" she sniffled, holding onto his arm.

"Sorry for what?" Camilla raised an eyebrow.

"It was me! I killed Lorenzo! I killed him and now you're going to jail because of me!" She shrieked, letting out a wailing scream and falling to the floor.

Aubrey and Camilla looked at each other, their silence speaking loudly. There was a lot going on during the time of Lorenzo's death, there wasn't much room to think about who had committed the murder. Lorenzo was not a well liked man. He'd made a multitude of enemies throughout his life. Something he seemingly grew to regret during the later days of his life.

The next morning Aubrey came downstairs to find Camilla staring at her mother who was in deep sleep on their couch. Camilla's arms were folded, her robe hugged against her body as she was deep in thought.

"What are you doing?" He said, making her jump slightly.

"I just keep thinking about last night. I don't even know what to say" Camilla bit down on her lower lip.

"You need to put her mind at ease. Tell her I'm not going to jail and she doesn't need to hand herself in. As far as I'm concerned nothing changes, we don't say anything to anyone who doesn't already know" Aubrey kissed Camilla on the forehead.

[Last Night]

"Julianna, just, slow down" Aubrey guided her from off the floor and into the living room. "What happened?"

Camilla froze for a second before coming back into her body. She felt like she was in a dream, or better yet, having a nightmare. She walked into the living room, watching Aubrey sit with Julianna and listen to her talk.

"I was so angry" Julianna confessed. "Lorenzo wasn't a good person, I just kept thinking about everything. The thought of you guys bringing a baby into the world with him still around made me feel sick. All his years of tormenting people, I couldn't let you guys be next. That man is evil" Julianna sniffled. "I knew where to find him. Once I saw him it didn't take long for us to start going back and forth...then I sh-shot him. I called Shane, he helped me move the body...when the police found him and the funeral happened, I thought that was it but now everything is coming back"

Camilla stood with her mouth ajar. She was speechless. It was a combination of somewhat being happy that her mother had finally stood up against Lorenzo, but also the worry that this situation could transpire into something really unfortunate and the thought of her mother committing murder was mind blowing.

"I'm going to talk to the police and tell them everything-"

"Julianna no, that's the last thing we need-. Look, if they're targeting me then let them do that. They have nothing on me and they won't find anything, they'll be forced to close the investigation"

[Now]

Aubrey had left Camilla with her mom as he prepared himself for the day ahead. Hush, Baka, Chubbs and Jahron had made their way over to discuss next moves. He couldn't help but feel he'd almost jinxed things for himself. The constant loose ends that seemed to be spiralling into more things.

"So what exactly are we dealing with?" Baka asked Jahron, taking a seat on the vacant armchair in Aubrey's office. Chubbs and Hush braced themselves, no names had publicly been linked to the investigation but with the tip off about Aubrey and his friends, it was obvious which friends would fall in line.

"Judging by this, looks like the tip off is a witness that claimed to see you and Baka disposing of bloodied clothes in a wooded area the night that Lorenzo was killed. Documents state that witness was able to identify the suspects out of an image line up after giving description" Jahron said, reading the document out loud. "At this stage it's hearsay, but it's enough to make them want to close in. Chances are they'll come and search homes and businesses, so anything that could implicate you guys on even a parking ticket, get rid of it. You need this reformed image, you're hardworking family men"

"How do I find this...witness?" Hush cleared his throat. A small smirk appeared on Baka's face, inferring a moment of thinking alike. "Just to talk"

Aubrey sat in his chair, his index finger and middle finger pressed against his lips as he seemed deep in thought.

"You need to give me some time, the thing is if we find out who this witness is and they pop up dead, especially a homicide, don't you think that'll implicate Drizzy and Baka more?" Jahron turned to look at Hush.

"No because no witness, means no case" Hush grinned.

"There might not even be a case, next step is questioning and like I said they may want to conduct a search. The focus right now is staying out of trouble and remove any trace of anything illegal or incriminating and being able to distance yourself from Lorenzo"

"So when they ask where we were on the day of the murder, what do we say?" Baka sucked his teeth.

"Do you know where you were damn near 3 years ago? Unless they ask you that shit then you say nothing" Jahron snapped.

"Monique told you all this?" Aubrey finally spoke. Jahron nodded, waiting his next. "We need her to represent us then. She's been feeding you information for years, tell her I'll pay whatever"

"Drizzy, I don't know about all of this. Monique isn't like us, I don't want her involved-" Jahron leaned forward slightly.

"The only reason you started fucking on Monique in the first place was to find out insider stuff for us, but now because you like her and you gave her a ring and a fuckin' dog you want to do the redeemable thing?" Hush spat, causing the Aubrey and Baka to look at one another.

"That's not all the way true-"

"Jahron I'm not arguing with you, call Monique and let her know we need her. Like you supposed to do. When you were having a hard time back in the day, me and these niggas looked out for you, this shit is the least you can do" Hush shook his head. Jahron seemingly grew unsettled, he knew Hush was right. He nervously twiddled his thumbs before taking out his phone and calling Monique, who was more than happy to represent Aubrey and Baka.