Chapter 3

Louis groaned and rolled over in his bed, snatching up his phone that had rudely awoken him. He winced and repeatedly blinked as the bright light shine in his eyes. Once they were adjusted he could keep the smile off his face when he saw Harry'a name lighting up his screen. Louis had texted the younger lad last night to give him his number before drifting off to sleep.

'Good morning Louis. Xxx' the text read.

'Good morning Harold. Xx' Louis responded knowing how much he hated people using his full name.

He got up and got dressed, a long sleeved black shirt an a pair of jeans, while waiting for a reply. His phone buzzed from across the room and he did a very awkward run then rolled over his bed and landing on the floor in the other side with a, 'hmph'. Groaning, he reached upwards and grabbed his phone, instantly opening the new text.

'Oi! You know I hate being called that you loser. Anyways, do you work today? Xx' He read, rolling his eyes at the proper grammar.

'Nah Im off 4 the day. Y?' He sent back, grinning at how terrible his grammar was.

'Thought maybe you'd wanna hang?' Came Harry's reply and Louis defiantly did not squeal like a little girl. Nope, not at all.

'Sure. When & where?'

'Meet me at the park in half an hour?'

'Ill be there'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Louis limped out of the house with his crutches, his face stinging where the bruise was forming from when his mother slapped him and cuts from the lamp she ended up throwing at him. They gotten into yet another fight about how much a 'failure' he was. He scrolled through his contacts 'till he found the number he was looking for, he pressed 'send' and brought the phone up to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Liam! Hey." He shouted into the phone.

"Louis! Sup bro?" Liam responded.

"Can you you do me a favour?" Louis asked hesitantly.

"Of course, what do you need?" He asked.

"If my mother asks you can you say I'm with you?" He said biting his nails.

"You want me to cover for you? Where will you be?"

"I'm going to the park with Harry." There was a silence on the other end of the phone and Lou knew that Liam was thinking about it.

"Fine." He sighed.

"Thank you Liam! I owe you one bro." Louis shouted releaved.

"Yeah yeah, you're lucky I love you."

"Love you too Li. Ill talk to you later yeah?"

"Yeah, have fun. Bye Lou."

He hung up his phone and looked around the park for the familiar head of curles. He saw it almost immediately, along with another, and started making his way over.

"Hey Louis!" Tatum shouted when she saw him, pulling him into a hug.

"Hey Tate. Hey Harry."

"Hey Louis." Harry said pulling him into a hug after Tatum let go.

"Whoa, what happened to your face?" Harry asked, gently running his finger over the bruised skin.

"I wasn't paying attention and ran into a door." He lied.

"Really?" Harry asked, getting suspicious of all these injuries that keep showing up.

"Mhm. Ooo, is that your guitar?" Louis asked changing the subject, pointing at the instrument on the picnic table behind them.