Chapter 6

~A Few Months Later~

Switching the sign to closed, Louis locked the cafe door and shoved his keys into his jean pockets. He began walking towards his house, his leg now cast-less. Sighing, he put his head down, dreading going back to that hell-hole he is supposed to call his house. It's a Monday in the summer and Louis had just finished closing up the cafe and now he must go back to the she-demon he calls his mum. Over the past few months his mother had become worse, he has cuts, burns, scars and bruises on almost every inch of his body, he has to wear layers of cover-up on his face every day. He had snuck a few razors and is still keeping up his nasty habit. He had lost even more weight, which he didn't even know was possible, and now only weighs 115 pounds at the age of 18. His bones were defined and he absolutely hated it. Him and Harry have been getting closer and closer as the days pass, not that he's complaining. He's grown quite fond of the curly-haired punk lad. When he got to the house he kicked his TOMs off and made his way into the living room.

He was met by the sight of his mother sitting with a girl who looked to be about his age, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion he asked, "Hey mum, who's this?" His mothers eyes snapped in his direction and instantly a smile grew on her face,

"Louis you're home!" She shouted getting up and hugging her son, shocking him, "Darling, this is Eleanor Calder."

"Nice to meet you." The girl, Eleanor, said getting up and extending her well manicured hand towards him.

He looked her over, she had long brown hair that fell over her shoulder in loose curls,  her eyes were chocolate brown, and she has a stunning smile. She was a beautiful girl but that was just the problem, she was a girl. He grabbed a hold of her extended hand and shook it, giving her his best fake smile.

"Now, why don't you guys go get ice cream and go to the park or something?" His mother smiled.

Woah, woah, woah, hold on a second, was she trying to set him up with this girl? Oh god, this is not good, yeah she's a pretty girl but she was definitely not his type, he sees her as being more of a friend or a sister. He looked at his mum with wide eyes and she pushed them out the door.

"Have fun you two." She smiled, shutting the door in their face.

"So." Louis said awkwardly, not really knowing what to do.

"How about we go get that ice cream?" El smiled, grabbing his hand and starting to walk in the direction of the park and ice cream parlor.

He, not so subtly, retracted his hand from her grasp and shoved them into his pockets. He saw a flash of sadness wash over her face but it was gone as soon as it came.

"So, how do you know my mum?" He asked, starting her on a very detailed story. He sighed and pretended he was listening as they made their way towards the parlor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Louis sat at a picnic bench across from a very chatty Eleanor, spooning ice cream into his mouth slowly, pretending to listen when in reality he was texting Harry under the table,

To: Hazza(:

Help. Me.

From: Hazza(:

Why, what's wrong? Are you okay?

To: Hazza(:

O im just dandy. Except for the fact im on a aranged date with a girl my mum set me up with.

From: Hazza(: