Chapter 21

Harry kept his word, the next day he left the house in the morning and stayed out all day, not having any contact with the boy he loves.

“So, when’s his surgery?” Zayn asked, sipping on the coffee he had ordered.

“Next week.” He responded, swirling his tea around in his cup.

He had needed a distraction from the challenge so he had invited his best friend and sister out to Starbucks.

“I hope he’s going to be okay.” Tatum sighed, “I don’t know what I’ll do if he doesn’t make it.”

“Don’t talk like that.” Harry snapped, “He’s going to make it through this surgery just fine.”

“I know, I’m sorry Harry.” Tatum apologized, pushing her long blue hair out of her eyes.

“It’s fine Tate, I just, I’m just so scared guys.”

“We understand, this has got to be hard on both of you.” Zayn said.

“That the understatement of the year.” Harry mumbled, running a hand through his freshly dyed curls. Yeah, he got them dyed dark purple that morning.

“Anyways, on to happier subjects, what’s this challenge thing you were going on about?” Tatum smiled.

That brought a small smile to Harry’s face. “It’s just some stupid thing he made up because he thought it would be fun. I have to spend an entire day with no contact with him at all. He says if I can then my love is true.”

Zayn chuckled, “And how’s that going for ya?” He asked.

“It’s difficult.” Harry laughed, “But I’m managing.”

“I find it cute.” Tatum smiled, “You guys are adorable.”

Harry felt his face flush, growing hotter when the couple in front of him let out simultaneous ‘awww’s.

“Shut up.” He mumbled; playing with one of his lip rings while Zayn and Tatum just chuckled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“I should probably head home.” Harry said, checking the time on his phone. ’11:00’ he did it, he got through the day.

“Yeah, go get your man.” Tatum exclaimed.

“Shut up!” Harry snapped, shoving his shoulder and laughing. “I’ll see you guys later.”

He threw his cup into the trash and walked out of the shop, starting on the short walk back home.

“Louis, I’m back!” He shouted once he got inside.

He slipped his shoes off and threw his jumper onto a nearby chair, “Louis?” He called again when he received no answer.

His brows furrowed in confusion as he walked into the living room, “Lou?” Where the hell is he?

Harry spent the next half hour looking. He looked everywhere, the library, the kitchen, their room, the girl’s room. Hell, he even looked in his mum’s room.

To: BooBearxx

Hey boo, where are you?

He received to response to his message and that’s when the worry really set in, Louis always answers his texts. He jumped a mile when the doorbell rang, running and yanking it open.

A young women stood out front, a small white envelope in her hand. “Harry?” She spoke, pushing her long brunette hair out of her eyes.

“Um, yes?” Harry responded.

“I was told to give you this.” She said, handing him the envelope.

He searched her eyes for a moment, confused as to why they help sadness and sympathy, before carefully taking it from her. She gave him a small smile before turning and walking away from the house.

He closed the door and leaned against it, his name was scribbled onto the front of the envilope, it was obviously Louis’ writing. He tore it open and pulled out a piece of paper, he unfolded it and began to read.

He felt his knees give out from under him and his world crash down around him as his eyes scanned over the words.

“No.”

A/N: So how much you hating me so far? A lot? Yeah, me too….. One more chapter before the end.

Comment<3

Vote<3

Teach a violin to swim<3