revenge - part two (requested)

It's been a few weeks since you left Jennie and since then, a lot has happened.

You've decided to stay with someone different than your friend and you've grown extremely close to this said person, to the point where you've been able to move on and start a new and healthy relationship with them.

Jennie, unsurprisingly, has been trying to get through to you since that day.

She texts you and calls you every single day and leaves you voicemail after voicemail, begging for your forgiveness.

"Are you okay, honey?" Your girlfriend asked as she saw you come into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You said as you jumped onto the counter. "What are you making?"

"Pasta. I know you love it, so I figured it'd be a good meal for tonight." She smiled.

And you watched it grow brighter as you leaned over and kissed her on the lips.

"Thank you."

She leaned in to kiss you again when, suddenly, a knock came from her front door.

"I wonder who that could be." She said as she looked at the clock.

"I'll go see." You said as she turned off the stove.

Walking over to the door, you opened it and came face to face with Jennie for the first time in weeks.

"Y/N?" She spoke in shock.

Under any other circumstance, she'd be thrilled to see you.

After all, you were going to be the topic of her conversation with your girlfriend tonight.

However, she was in shock because she didn't expect to see you here.

"What are you doing here at Lisa's house?"

Before you could say anything, Lisa came into the room.

"Baby? Who's at the door?"

"Baby?" Jennie repeated as she stepped inside.

Looking between you and Lisa, she stared at the two of you in disbelief.

"Jennie, what are you doing here?"

"I came here for some advice. I wanted to ask you what you thought I could do to make things up to Y/N and win her back. But now, I see her here and you're calling her baby? What the hell is going on!?"

"Well," Lisa said as she came up to you and pulled you into her arms. "Y/N and I are dating."

"You're what?" Jennie frowned. "But you're my best friend!" She said as she looked at Lisa. "And you're my girl!"

"No, Jennie, I'm not. Not since that day that I left, when I found out that you were cheating. From that moment, I was no longer your girl."

Those words were so hard for Jennie to hear.

It broke her heart.

"But I told you that I was sorry." She mumbled. "I'm still in love with you."

"You're not in love with me, Jennie. If you were, you wouldn't have cheated." You said and watched her hang her head in sadness.

"Jennie, I think you should go," Lisa said.

"But-"

"Jennie," Lisa said, interrupting her. "Seriously, these last few weeks haven't been easy. Y/N has been through a lot. You put her through a lot."

"Can we at least be friends?" She asked you and they both looked at you.

"I don't know. I'd need some time to think about that." You said and watched Jennie nod her head understandingly.

"I'm sorry  things happened like this, Jen. But I like Y/N a lot. I care about her. She was hurting from everything and I asked her to stay with me. Things happened from there and we're really crazy about each other. She needs someone that treats her well, like she deserves to be treated."

"I know." Jennie sniffled. "I'm sorry for everything."

"Please go, Jennie." You spoke quietly.

Seeing that she wasn't getting anywhere and that you'd moved on, she knew she had no reason to stay here any longer.

She walked towards the door and stepped outside, only to turn back around to face you and Lisa once more.

"Don't hurt her. She deserves the world. If I can't give that to her, I want you to be the one that does."

"I will," Lisa replied.

You turned away from Jennie by hugging Lisa tightly and buried your face in her neck, breathing in the smell of her perfume as Jennie let a tear fall down her cheek.

She knew she'd lost you for good.

She's known, deep down, that she did from the moment you walked out.

But she hoped that there was still a chance that she could make things better.

But now, she knows she can't.

She knows you've moved on and that Lisa will treat you better than she ever did.

She just hoped, someday, she could at least be your friend.

She just didn't want to lose you completely.