what am I supposed to do now? (requested)

Author's Note: This chapter might be a little upsetting for some readers. I don't want to say too much and give away the huge plot twist but it deals with the mention of a terminal illness and I know that can be upsetting for some people. So please don't read if that makes you uncomfortable.

————————————————

"I just can't believe you, Jennie!" You angrily shouted as you stood across the room from your girlfriend. "This is the third date recently that you're too busy to show up for. This one was extremely important! Why can't you understand that?"

"I told you already how sorry I am!" She shouted back at you. "I'm sorry, Y/N. Truly, I am. But we're almost done with the album. We have to get everything done. I just can't make it."

She put her bag over her shoulder with a sigh and a look of frustration on her face.

She's been insanely busy with the girls lately and anytime you arrange a date together, something always seems to go wrong or come up at the last second to keep her from being able to show up.

And this date was so important and you felt frustrated and scared.

Tonight, your date night was supposed to be here at home.

You cooked a lovely meal with a bunch of her favorite foods and you lit candles all over the room to set a romantic mood.

When she walked through the door, you greeted her with a kiss and a smile, only to realize that she was just here to take a quick shower after practice and to change before she headed over to the studio.

"I understand that you can't get out of your commitments all the time. I don't expect you to. I know you're busy most of the time, I knew that before I even began dating you. But I just miss you. Don't you miss me?"

"How could you even ask me that?" She scoffed. "You know, Y/N, sometimes you seriously get on my nerves! Asking me if I miss you? That's absurd! You know I do."

"Sometimes, I just worry, Jennie! I love you and sometimes I think that you just don't want to be with me. I understand you have a busy job but I need you around too! Things have been hard lately and... I need you,"

"Not everything is about you all the time!" She frustratingly said. "You say you understand me being so busy but it doesn't seem like you do when you ask me the stupidest questions and make me feel bad by saying you need me!"

"Stupid?" You scoffed. "Jennie, I just love you and I miss spending time with you. I don't need much, I just want an hour or two with you. It's really important to me."

"Maybe I don't want to spend time with you. Did you ever think of that?" She asked and your heart dropped in response. "Maybe if you stop being so damn annoying and you start being patient and understanding about how busy I am right now, I would want to be with you!"

You had tears in your eyes now as you listened to her harsh words.

"I have important things to do. See you later."

She began to walk away, only to turn back around to face you again.

"Sometimes, I wish you weren't even around."

With that, she stormed out the door, and that's when you let out a sob.

You sat down on the floor and let all of your tears fall as your heart ached.

Were you that bad of a girlfriend that sometimes she didn't even want you around?

It was a crushing thought.

You love Jennie.

You love her more than you have ever loved anyone in your entire life and you try to always be everything she deserves because she deserves someone who loves and cares for her unconditionally.