pretending to be your girlfriend (requested)

You could feel the creepy older man staring at you the second you walked into the bar.

It was an uncomfortable feeling, a gaze you wish you could escape from as you sat down at the bar and ordered a drink.

You ordered your favorite while you let your hair down from the ponytail it's been up in all day long.

You fixed your shirt that had slid up beneath your jacket as you took it off and put it under you.

It's been a long day and you're just now getting to relax and unwind after a grueling shift.

All you wanted was to enjoy a couple of drinks, maybe a little food, and then head home to take a shower before crawling into bed.

However, it was very hard to unwind when the guy who was staring at you the second you walked in continued to keep his eyes on you.

You could feel him staring and it was such an uncomfortable feeling.

After your drink was put down in front of you, you began to take a few sips and hoped that he'd stop staring or you'd eventually forget he even existed.

But that was impossible as he made his way over to the bar and sat down beside you.

"Of course." You mumbled and continued to sip on your drink.

"I'll take one of whatever this pretty lady is having." He told the bartender and you rolled your eyes in response.

You quickly drank the rest of the beverage in the glass and he smirked before looking back at the bartender again.

"Get her another too."

"No, I'm good. I'm having something different." You said before trying to decide what to order next, your mood for the same drink you'd had before now completely gone.

"Oh, come on, don't be that way. I'll even pay for it for you." He offered with a smirk on his face.

"I'm good. I can pay for my own drinks." You told him.

"Someone's stubborn. Can even let a guy buy you a drink now?"

"Nope." You said and ordered something else.

"You're a very pretty girl... I guess I can let the attitude slide."

You rolled your eyes and made sure he saw you do so.

This caused him to tighten his grip on his drink.

"That's not very nice."

"I don't care about being nice. You've been staring at me from the second I walked in here and you came over to me. I've made it clear that I'm uninterested but you just can't take a hint. If you want nice, you're looking in the wrong place. I don't need to be nice when you're making me uncomfortable."

"You're sure that's how you feel, darling? You might not be interested now but maybe I can make you feel differently. Why don't you come back to my place and we'll get to know each other. I bet I can change your mind." He said as he tried to grab your hand.

But you pulled it away from his reach before he got the chance.

"Leave me alone." You said.

"Make me."

Suddenly, a hand fell against your back and when you turned your head, you saw a beautiful girl standing there.

She was, quite possibly, the prettiest girl you'd ever seen in all of your life.

One look and you were mesmerized.

"Why are you bothering my girlfriend?" She asked the man before looking at you. "Play along, okay?"

You nodded quickly because even though you didn't even know her name, you felt safe and comfortable with her there with you.

"I was just coming back from the bathroom and I heard you hitting on my girl. She says she's not comfortable or interested and you won't leave her alone? Are we going to have a problem here?"

He looked at her and then at you.

"No, don't look at her. She's not talking to you, I am! I want to know if we're going to have a problem because I'm telling you right now, I will do anything it takes to defend my girlfriend. I'm not scared. So if you think you're such a big tough guy, prove it." She said. "If you have something to say, you can say it to me."

She folded her arms over her chest and stared him down with her jaw and fists clenching.

"Leave now before I kick your ass and throw you out of here myself!"

He got up and walked away, no longer interested or wanting to bother with you or the situation.

You watched him walk out before you breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you so much."

"It's no problem." She said with the cutest gummy smile you'd ever seen. "I'm Jennie."

"I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too. I'm here with my friends and I overheard what was going on and I couldn't just stand back and see you so uncomfortable. Guys like that are so weird and can't ever take a hint but at least he's gone now and you're okay."

"Yeah, thanks to you. Thank you."

"No problem." She smiled. "I'll leave you alone now."

"No, wait!" You said. "Jennie, can I buy you a drink as a thank you? I mean, I owe you for that."

"You don't, it's not like that." She insisted.

"I know but please let me. I appreciate what you did for me and I want to show you that. So will you join me for a drink?"

"I'd like that, Y/N," She happily said before sitting down next to you, on your other side. "I guess it gives me a chance to get to know you more."

"Yeah, I like that idea." You replied with a grin before biting your lip, knowing as her brown eyes sparkled and her lips pulled into yet another gorgeous grin that you were already falling for her.

This was the start of something magical.