32.

Phone Call

Mama McCall:
What is going on between you and your brother?

Scott jumped down my throat about the whole going to Virginia thing before I even had the chance to explain it to him and he said several things that made me mad so I haven't talked to him since

Mama McCall:
Really Kenzie??

I'm sorry Mama but it's just that he treats me like I'm the younger sibling and it just makes me so mad... Because I am the oldest and I know how to take care of myself... He doesn't constantly need to be telling me what's good for me because I can determine that for myself. So if he wants to talk to me then he can pick up the phone and call me and apologize for jumping down my throat the way he did

Mama McCall:
You're saying that right now because you know he can hear you aren't you?

Maybe and I'm not talking directly to him he's hearing it second hand because I'm telling you and he just so happens to be able to hear it.

Mama McCall:
Oh, Kenzie... Anyway I was also calling to check on you

I'm good Mama... Really good like great good

Mama McCall:
Well I am happy to hear that

Alright, Mama... I have to go now but I love you and I'll call you later

Mama McCall:
Alright, Kenzie, I love you too and I'll talk to you later then.

***

Kol looks at me after I hung up the phone "you didn't tell her?" 

I shake my head "Nah I figured I'd surprise her... I cannot believe that we convinced Klaus to let you and Bekah come back with me."

Kol laughs "I guess he figures you'll keep Bex and me outta trouble or something" 

I laugh with him "yeah I'm sure that would happen"

Yes, Kol, Bekah, and I are going to Beacon Hills... Like I said Mama wants to meet Kol and she wants me to come home for a bit so we decided to surprise her and everyone else as well not even the girls know that I'm coming home.

Klaus even offered to drive us to the airport... That way we wouldn't have to leave somebody's car at the airport.

He just parked the car and turned to Bekah and Kol "now don't cause too much trouble" we grab our bags and he leaves us there.

Standing in the middle of the airport after we got our tickets Bekah leans over and whispers "you know for a newbie vamp you have exceptional control" Kol smirks and buts in "oh yes she does"

I shrug "well it's like when I was learning how to control being a werewolf... You just have to focus on keeping your emotions in check and not letting the blood lust control you"

"Still Kenz that's impressive... It's only been a few weeks and you are showing the same level of control as one of us"

After they call our flight I am sitting in between Kol and Bekah... Kol is by the window and Bekah is on the end, and Bekah looks at me "what the hell am I supposed to do for 4 hours?" 

She gives Kol and me a look "the two of you are probably going make out the whole time... So what does that leave for me to do?"

I roll my eyes at her being dramatic "Bekah we are not going to make out on the plane" she just gives me a look that says 'really' I laugh "okay so maybe we would... If you weren't here"

She laughs "well how nice of you not to rub your relationship into everybody's face around us"

The three of us laugh "well at least we don't have a kid kicking the back of our seats like I had on my flight here... That just about drove me crazy."

I lay my head over on Kol "I'm probably going to sleep for most of the flight"

Then the plane takes off and we are on our way to my hometown of Beacon Hills, California "I will warn you guys that Beacon Hills is a small town much like Mystic Falls"

***

Yep Kenzie, Kol, and Rebekah are off to cause some trouble in Beacon Hills.