chapter 14

She saw her dad in the photos inside it. Jimin's mom was there. The cctv could capture bits of it. There was a pendrive. I put it on her laptop and saw the insatiable things that monster did to the innocent family. It took him seconds to ruin it. He saw the six year old kid being dragged out. The helpless condition of the family.

"At least I didn't trust the wrong guy . At least my insticts weren't wrong." The only words left her mouth. Her world just got shaken up. She felt the urge to destroy everything.

"You fuckin ruined me even after your damned death!!" She smirked in anger. "I should have done it way before that," her face went blank. She remembered what she did . . . The darkest part of her life. . .

___________________

Yn came out of the room after a while. She saw Tae hugging Yeji ,well crushing her almost and crying.

Among all these, she smiled ,seeing her sister smile a little. She understood that Yeji was dying inside after breaking up with him. She was happy for her.

She came a little near and waited. When Yeji saw her face and broke the hug,

"Yn, what happened ? Why do you look like it?"

She didn't want to tell her. She can't get herself to tell how low her biological dad could stop.

"Nothing, it's just." she extended the file to Tae. "Thank you." she couldn't look in his eyes. All she had in her eyes was anger and self-hatred. She got a flashback of everything that her dad ruined everything for her, and no one would ever understand.

"Take her somewhere nice . I will go now. You probably have a lot to tell her, " she gave Yeji's hand to Tae.

"Hey-" Yeji was going to move, but

"Shhh." Yn pushed her towards Tae and took the car keys.

_____________

The doorbell rang.

He opened the door, and his eyes stuck, and heart beat was . . .

"Can I come in for a moment?"

"Y-yes," he answered.

After she came in, there was a brief silence.

She knelt down on her knees and looked down.

"I know it's too late to say , but I am sorry . For even living here like this , for even smilling for even being happy for the days I were ,for doing anything other than just live my life till the day I die." She kept the bland voice on the blank face looking down. One. Thing Yn never did. Her self-respect ,her confidence made her look in the eyes of the opposite person, but she just couldn't.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Jimin asked.

She stood up.

"Lastly ,sorry for misunderstanding you all these days . I really did think you were an asshole. Sorry . If I were you, I would have killed me. The last thing I can tolerate is someone disrespecting my family or me. "Her eyes went dark as if she was thinking something."Thanks. Sorry again for all that my dad did. I didn't know . I hope he rots in hell. "

"Wait -"

She bowed and left.

His heart . . .

__________________

The next day.
In office.

Yn entered. She did her work. What was unusual was that today, she was totally dressed up and wore extra make-up. Everyone thought she had a date. Everyone wooed in her team and showed curiosity. Jimin was passing by when he heard it. He felt his heart crumble, and the chill ran down his whole body. His eyes turned cold when he looked at her.

It was minutes later when he came in with extra work for the law team.
"Guys, due to an emergency , there's extra work today. Everyone will get bonuses who work on it, but the team leader is needed for the decision-making. So she needs to stay back. After the work there's dinner. It's on me. Work hard." He smirked and went away.

He heard one of em say, "heyyy ,Yn had a date no ?? Can't we manage? It's the first time she put in effort. This guy must have been special ;she never wakes up early for anything but to do work.

A light smile was visible on Jimin's face . Again, he doesn't know why.

He saw Yn getting out of the washroom, tying her hair into a bun.

'I must be going crazy,' he thought
His cheecks were red.

Yn bowed a little. When he saw a red mark on her neck when her high neck dress shifted a little.. He also kind of saw her limping . His thoughts went wild.

"Come into my cabin after you finish your work before lunch." his eyes went dark.

She nodded.

She completed the set of work she was doing and visited his cabin.
"Sit" he told.

She did.

"So this is the progress report ? This is why my company picked your law team?!!" He showed some documents that were almost irrelevant.

Yn just heard.
"Sorry, sir, it won't repeat again."
She knew she could defend but didn't.

"That's what happens if you have too much going on in your personal life. Your whole team concentrates on your life rather than work, and this affects the company." He stood up and went to Yn's
side. He leaned onto her, held up her chin, and spoke.

"Don't fuckin do anything to disappoint me..." The coldness was freezing.
He turned her face to see her neck and rolled down his fingers on the red mark. He went closer and whispered in her ears. "I hate to share something I picked." she just knew that it wasn't about her team.

________

She got out of his cabin and took a breath. She knew the feeling. The feeling she gets only while around him. The feeling of anger ,rage , longing ,hate ,self hatred , regret, and maybe a bit of something even she isn't aware of.

They worked. The team had dinner. Yn had to finish yet another set of work . The office was empty. Jimin was there in his cabin. It was almost midnight. Yn fell asleep for a moment. When Jimin came to wake her up and moved her hands over her head ,he saw how bruised her cheecks were , and even her hands were. The makeup was rubbed off, and his heart skipped a beat. His eyes became teary .
The mark on her neck wasn't just a red mark; it was just covered under makeup. It was a blood clot with severe injuries.

"What the fuck are you into ? Who the hell does this to you?!!" He whispered underneath his breath. He was scared to wake her up, and her condition made him nauseous.

.
.
.