chapter 18

Next day
In office .

Yn arrived . She was doing her work when Jimin entered. Yn pretended as if nothing happened.

*flashback*

"I love you, Yn."

"Jimin , I'll pretend that this never happened . Let's not fool ourselves. You don't love me; it's an infatuation . It's your guilt. Get over it." With one hand movement, she freed herself from him and went to her car

Jimin kneeled on the ground, crying . Yn drove past him.

Maam , weren't you too hard on him?" 

Jeon asked with his innocent eyes.

"Kookie , do you want me to cancel your date with Yerin ?? You have worked too hard for the day off tomorrow. I don't think you would want that." Yn smiled softly, looking at him. 

"N-no , I was just curious ; he seemed so serious about you. Please don't do that. " 

Ya Kook liked Yerin . She came to the track once with Yn. Since then, Jungkook was behind Yn to set up a date with her friend. It's his first love ; apparently, Yerin was his first high school senior crush for whom he rejected every girl in his school. He couldn't confess because throughout her time in school , Kook thought of her cousin brother to be her boyfriend, so he stayed simply heartbroken. Then, when Yn cleared up, he was now in full confidence of approaching her. 

"By the way , did he hurt you?" 

"Uhm -hmm, nothing serious , but I really pity that guy." 

"You don't need to," Yn said in a low voice. 

After dropping Kook , she returned , and Jimin was still there , crying on the cold ground. She called Yeji to ask Tae to pick him up. When he did, Yn returned. 

_______________

Yn entered his cabin for submitting her work. 

It was lunch , and no one else was there.

Yn was going to leave and take the rest of the day off. 

"Did you have fun with that guy last night?" Jimin spoke in vengeance. 

"For the last time, Jimin , stop with your absurd questions." 

She stared back.

He stood up from his seat and spoke 

"Absurd??  Am I blind , can I not see you with Namjoon , your fuckin boss , and that guy , you even drop him off late night. Let's not go after that!!" He almost screamed.

"You fuckin two timer!! Do I not know what they want from you ." He added

"Enough with your non-sense Jimin." Yn was not having it. 

"And wait, you think what?? Namjoon and Kook are always with me for what?? " she turned back to him and went towards him 

"Don't confuse them with yourself!! They are just nice and good friends of mine , unlike someone who loves to get close to people just to fuck them!!" She said it in a breath when they both silenced after that. 

"Did you just say that!" Jimin spoke.

"Let's not make this worse!" 

"No, I don't want it to be what it's like right now!!" His eyes got teary. 

"I can't pretend as if nothing happened ; I can't pretend as if we never existed !!" 

"Well, you don't have , cuz we never did !! " she shouted."We never did because I never for once loved you, I liked the character that you made up in front of me !! That's what I loved . He never fuckin existed. So, nor did we ' " 

A tear rolled down his cheecks 

"He held her shoulders aggressively pushing her back ,he spoke."How can you say that you never liked me, huh??! What was the three years , no tell me !! You think I pretended! You think I didn't care , you think I didn't fuckin love you , I loved you since i was of fuckin six , you think I forgot you?!! Why did you not tell me that was you??" 

"What was the point, Jimin?? I told Yeji not to . That bitch. That's pointless. The girl you met when you were young, she was dead ages ago , I am not her , if you liked her , don't delude yourself saying that you like me!!" 

"You are the one to say?? You didn't even like me !! You approached me just because of the one promise to that kid years ago . You wouldn't even look at me if it wasn't for the sake of the promise. And you say I didn't like you , the girl you are saying I fell in love with , just for you in college I was ready to forget about her , that's what you meant to me !! Whereas you wouldn't even care if the kid wasn't me!!" He was breaking inside. 

"Since you know everything, let me go!! I have nothing to do with you . " she said with the poker face. 

"I can't, I love you , I loved you back then. It was me always -" 

Yn glared at him with her ferocious eyes. The real her was slowly showing. 

"It doesn't work that way, Jimin. The last thing i want in my life right now is ,problems . Leave Me Alone . I hate you . Do you get it?" 

"No, you don't." 

She raised her hand and, within a blink of eye, she held a knife on his neck . "I wouldnt think twice to actually kill you if you try intrude in my personal space. Trust me on that. I wouldn't care if you are dead" *she lied she knew she lied but so what*

"This is the real me, Jimin ,not the cutesy girl you saw. she loosened her grip around his neck. "I have never loved you , so don't feel guiltyans; this will pass." she broke eye contact because she lied. He was the one she could ever love even till now. She thought doing this would scare him away ,but instead , he held a bunch of her hair and kissed him .

"And I meant it when I said ,no matter what I am not giving up. It's not over until you loved me. I don't care. If I have to die in your hands, then that be it. I am done running away. It's true I was a f*ckin asshole for what I did back in college, but I hurt myself more , so I need to give myself a second chance. It has to be you!"
.
.
.