Good To Know

As a footballer I've always been respectful on and off the field. Despite the one or two yellow cards I get for each game of course. Mostly if you don't cross me I won't cross you. Many players went with the same thought so I never had to think twice about it.

If I ever got into an altercation with a player we'd make up after the match. Hug it out, apologize, whatever means necessary. Even if it meant hooking up with a few. But considering that's the way I met my girlfriend, I don't hook up anymore

Morgan and I were never a likely couple. Our first encounter was a fight which earned me my first red card and her third. It was beyond a 'hug and makeup' point so from a text message to a hotel room next thing you know we live together. The public welcomed the news really well. The ultimate enemies to lovers trope. In terms of our relationship, things couldn't be better. At one point she was very stressed about her career. At most of her games she was being benched and it was really affecting her chances to get called up for the lionesses. But with the transfer season open again she got a transfer to Liverpool which she was happy for. 

This meant she'd get more play time and maybe even get called up. I've been called up before and many say I will be again, seeing that I've been on fire recently. We both really want her there so even though she'd have to move I was happy for my girlfriend. That was a week ago, and with the deadline drawing near, I never thought I'd be on the list of possible transfers.

___________

"There is no way?!" Beth screamed over the phone as I told her the news.

Beth and I had known each other for quite some time now. A steady friendship which rocketed during my first call up for the lionesses. We kept in touch and hung out often. So I thought she was the first that needed to hear this news.

"Now don't get too excited. I wasn't looking for a transfer. And I won't don't it for any and any thing." I replied, trying to calm her down.

"Yes, but you know Jonas wouldn't pay little to nothing for you." She explained.

"I don't know, I plan to meet with my manager again tomorrow. Hopefully I get to hear the bid." I honestly was somewhat excited. And I felt like Morgan would be too. Even though she's moving away.

"Ok, ok but I think it would be good. Most of us love you and you can get friendly with the ones who...don't." She almost whispers, that topic hasn't always been a great one for me.

I mentioned how I got my first red card but I didn't mention my second. It was also an Arsenal player. This time, it didn't turn into a sweet couple but instead fueled our brawl for every other game. Whether it was her tackling me or throwing snarky remarks, she always tried her best to get under my skin. It really pissed me off because she caused me to sprain my ankle once. Saying if I wasn't so clumsy I would be fine. I never tried to make amends with her and I don't think she'd want me to. Not even Morgan seemed to be on totally good terms with her. I never heard anything direct but whenever I brought her up, she'd want to suddenly drop the topic and do something else. We weren't friends, and we weren't going to be anytime soon, to say the least.

"Can you talk to me without bringing Williamson into this." I asked, clearly annoyed by the mention of the person that made me miss the finals of a FA cup.

"It's so fun though. She doesn't like hearing your name either." She said, trying to be somewhat reassuring.

"Good to know, I hope she hears my name everyday." Beth laughed, which made me laugh as well.

We talked for a while and then ended the call. By this time I was home and ready to tell Morgan about the great news.

I entered the living room to see her scrolling on her phone. When she saw me she smiled and opened her arms indicating hug time. I pulled her into a hug and we stayed like that for a while in peaceful silence until I broke the silence.

"I have some news" I said, causing her to break the hug and give me a curious look

"Oh, do tell" she said while crossing her legs which made me laugh.

"I saw my manager today, and I got a transfer offer. She thinks it might be good for me." I let out in one breath. I really wanted her reaction. As I hoped she was excited.

"Who?" She asked, sitting at the end of her seat.

"Arsenal." I said a little more excited than before as a result of seeing her reaction.

"Arsenal? Why?" she let out a scoff between her two words, which confused me. She then leaned back onto the chair, a face filled with clear annoyance.

"Not happy?" I asked trying to find the problem

Why would I be happy? I'm leaving Arsenal, so I can get a better chance at more opportunities. You go and they'd do the same to you." She answered sternly.

"Why request when you're gonna bench. I think Jonas knows better than that." I shrugged which made her even more annoyed

"Really? So you'll take it?"

"I never said that. I don't even know how much the bid is."

"Hmm, well I wouldn't take it. They'll push you to the side and you'll be forgotten. Stay at Chelsea, so we can both represent our country together." She gave me a small smile and pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back but I wasn't feeling the love. I never expected that reaction and it all almost came out as a threat. I definitely misjudged the situation but didn't show my displeasure at the moment.

The rest of the day passed with us spending time together and slowly helping her pack. I didn't bring up the move again but it was on my mind. I figured that she wanted to stay at Arsenal. She had to choose between her career and her dream team. Ultimately I was happy she accepted the move. Even if it might be a long distance. I decided to take it off my mind as I didn't really plan on accepting anyways.