That Did Not Happen

From a bouquet and custom shirt to cake and music, when did it turn into a birthday party? As all the players gathered in the canteen as they continued the celebrations. Apparently Morgan's first game was a few days ago and she scored her first goal. I scored my first goal today, you don't see me with the Chelsea girls dancing in circles. I wasn't even going to come but Gio convinced me to join. "Everyone loves cake." Was what she said as she pulled me through the door. Of course I wanted to eat cake with my ex's name on it. 

I sat in a corner on my phone but it was full of videos from the match that were not pleasing to my eyes. Emotional posts about Morgan or videos of me and Leah talking. It was like an impulse reaction for my body to tense up at the mention of her. She knew that whatever she was doing was working. Her little comments and remarks are just to get me worked up and stressed. Surprisingly she was here too, although she hasn't said a word to Morgan or even gone near her. Morgan seemed to be doing the same. Resting my head on the table I felt as someone came and sat down on the other side.

"There are many different seats available." I hissed, not even looking at the person, until they spoke.

"You don't like me now?" Viv joked as she leaned back in her chair.

"Sorry, I'm just not in the mood." I said as I leaned back in my chair, almost mirroring Viv's actions.

"It's okay, I get it. You know, not saying this as her friend but," she paused as I made I rolled my eyes knowing where the conversation was going." I think you guys should talk. You broke up in anger, now you're a little bit calmer." She pointed at the room and noticed Morgan wasn't anywhere to be seen. She wasn't the only one missing and that fact made my stomach turn. Without thinking, I got up and walked out of the room, knowing that if I didn't try myself, I would never get answers.

I checked a few rooms and was about to check the bathroom. Before I could turn the corner I heard voices, familiar voices and like any other human being I decided to eavesdrop.

"I didn't lie to my girlfriend." Morgan complained, she sounded annoyed.

"You're still referring to her as your girlfriend even though she won't even speak to you!" Leah clapped back, she sounded angry. It was tense and I wished I hadn't left the canteen.

"I still have hope we can work it out. I was wrong but I love her." 

My heart stopped, Morgan still loved me? She still loved me, a small smile appeared on my face as I continued to listen. Suddenly all hope came back to me. I did love her, I would love to get my life back. I thought that couldn't happen, but now it's possible. My thoughts were stopped by Leah's voice. It took her a while to reply but what she said left me confused.

"And if she doesn't love you back?" 

"What does that mean?" Morgan asked, Leah laughed

"Morgan, you and I both know that what you did was horrible. You have a history of doing horrible things." She paused."Do you think she'll forgive you and welcome you back with open arms." 

"Yes, because we have a bond you could never experience." Morgan sounded like she wanted to cry. Why was Leah so bitter? What did Morgan do that was so awful? I really wanted to know. Leah didn't answer. She just walked away, thankfully it was in the other direction. I waited a few minutes before approaching Morgan who was still standing there. Her face was calm, not a sign of stress in sight. She confused me more and more each time we interacted. As she saw me, she smiled. I tried my best not to hug her as being this close to her for the first time in a while felt surreal. 

"Alexis, you came." She said, obviously doubting whether or not I'd come. I just nodded, what I just heard had still had an effect on me and I was afraid of what might come out of my mouth.

"I know you don't want to see me right now but I think we should talk." She started rambling, it showed that she was nervous. 
I moved closer to her and put my hands on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down. 

"I agree." I said simply, which left her a shocked. 

"Really?" She paused, as a smile formed on her lips, a smile I used to love to see. "Well I don't leave until tomorrow evening."

"Okay, we can meet at that little Italian restaurant you like." I suggested it but I immediately regretted it. That restaurant was a fancy one. We used to go there on dates, it seemed like I was asking her out on one.

She was shocked at first but agreed without questioning it. Now I'd have to dress up to go talk to my ex that was apparently still in love with me. What a day. 

I didn't bother to go back and say bye to anyone really. I stopped by the locker room for my stuff and saw Jill there. I told her I was leaving and went home. I had to get ready for tomorrow as we planned it a little bit earlier than usual. I also needed to fill in Beth on all the days events as keeping it to myself will definitely drive me insane.

___________________

"That did not happen!" Beth shouted from the other end of the phone. Telling her in detail what happened today waa long but it was worth it. Her reactions were everything and they made me feel better. 

"Would I lie to you like that?" I asked as I took up Pluto in my hands. 

"Well, you should ask her about Leah. It's now or when you both get called up for the Lionesses camp. Awkward!" 

She was right, I'd love for this to be over by that time. The call up for our first camp of the year was near with only a few weeks left. Morgan was on fire in the game and there was no way she wouldn't be there. Having these awkward interactions would be dreadful if I didn't figure this out soon. 

"I thought you wanted me to ask Leah?"

"Yes but you can ask them both and compare the answers." Beth explained almost as if I was stupid. Which I was because that was a good idea. 

"Okay, okay I get it. What would I ask though? And what about the love part?" I was really a mess without Beth, but I wasn't ashamed. Beth sighed, as if contemplating the answer.

"I don't think you guys should get back together. Not even close friends yet. Just keep in touch. And for the Leah questions just ask what comes to your mind. If you need to be blunt, be blunt. Do you want to go around the bushes then do twenty laps." 

"Just go at my own pace." I chimed in, which made Beth laugh.

"Yes, do you. You got this. Also make sure you look sexy. Show them legs!" Beth shouted the last part, almost bursting my ear drums. 

We talked some more before she sent me to look for an outfit and send her a picture. After about 30 minutes of sending pictures back and forth, we finally came to an agreement. It was a black suit which I'd pair with a white silk crop top. Simple yet elegant. That was me unless I was binge watching Gilmore Girls for the 50th time. I told Beth good night through a voice note and ate dinner. It was mashed potatoes with corn and chicken bits. Something that my mom loved making for me since I was young. It also happens to be one of the fews dishes I know how to make. After eating and cleaning the dishes, I did my skin care and went to bed. I definitely would need a lot of energy for tomorrow.

___________________________
A/N

Now I don't know but I have many ways this story could go but I'm just trusting my fingers with it for now.

Who do you think will tell her the truth? Morgan or Leah