Let Me Ask You Something

I was never perfect with time management. Yet, I wasn't bad either. Or at least that's what I told myself, until now. I was late, again, this time to one of the most important meetings of my life. I couldn't even find my shoes. Well, the ones that matched my last minute outfit. Seeing that I spilt coffee all over the first one. What can I say? I was nervous.

As I made my way in the car, I quickly remembered my door wasn't locked and I ran back up the stairs to the door, almost falling on my face. What a day huh? I wondered what else would happen today as I thought of the day ahead of me. Turning on my nerves playlist (Songs I played when I needed to feel calm) I started to feel more at peace. It didn't take me long to get to the Emirates and into the building. There I was led to Jonas' office by the receptionist. It didn't take long for him to come out and greet me. He led me into his office, and I was impressed. It was a nice space and it was well organized. We went through the formalities and he gave me a run down of what it was supposed to be like from here on out.

"So, how are you feeling?" He asked after putting away some papers.

"Good, I feel like this change will be good somehow." I answered not wanting to really get into how I felt.

"I'm glad you think that. You're a talented player. Our team will be stronger with you. Also I'm sorry about Morgan." He said almost apologetically.

"It's all fine." I said, I appreciated it but I really didn't want this to be about her at all. I think he sensed the awkwardness as he cleared his throat and snapped his fingers as if he just remembered something important.

"Oh, Beth waa supposed to give you your tour, but she had an emergency. She said she got a replacement though." He said looking down at a paper on his desk. That was good so he didn't see the expression on my face.

How could she just leave me like that? Who did she get to give me the tour? Why didn't she tell me? That girl was such a puzzle.

As Jonas looked up my face quickly changed into a small smile.

"Oh, who is the replacement?" I questioned

"She should be here right now." He said and paused, wondering if he should continue his sentence,which he did.

"And don't worry, she won't be tackling you this time." He said with a little laugh. I tried my best to roll my eyes at the comment. I was more concerned about why she agreed to do it. Williamson was also a puzzle. Everyone here was a puzzle that I was slowly going to put together.

We continued talking until we heard a knock on the door. He told them to come in and once again the dark cloud formed over my life and I knew it was her. Plastering a smile on my face I turned to face her as she entered the room. She immediately looked me up and down before returning a fake smile. Of course Jonas noticed this and let out a small laugh before leading us out of the office into the hallway.

"Ok, Leah, please take care of our new girl and take her to the conference room in 30 minutes for the signing and press release. Can I trust you to do that?" He asked raising his eyebrow

"Of course, she's in good hands." She answered, giving me the side eye as she said so. Again I tried my best to keep my eyes from doing a 360 degree turn. This was about to be a long 30 minutes. Jonas smiled and walked away. We stood there and watched him until he was out of sight. Once he was Leah turned to me and began to talk.

"Ok let's get this over with." She didn't even wait for a reply, she started to walk, leaving me behind.

There wasn't much talking, she just pointed at the signs on the doors indicating that I was supposed to read them myself. At one point I was sick of her and decided to just not understand anything.