Is She Better Than Me?

My first day of training for Chelsea wasn't very nerve racking at all. I arrived on time and everyone was so nice. The day went great. At 16 years old, it was a dream and for the last 9 years that's all I knew. 

Today however was a new routine. I had to wake up a little earlier. Spend more time in my car as the drive was longer. I wasn't sure what this training was like so I was curious but nervous for the most part. It was good that I had friends there. Beth had become like a sister to me in such a short time that I wondered how I made it without her. Katie was also there for me, we found ourselves talking and texting every regularly. Many would see her on the pitch and think she's scary but in fact she's the sweetest soul ever. There were others like Manu and Rafaelle that also were becoming like family to me so overall I was in good hands. 

I arrived at the Emirates a little earlier than the time I was supposed to. Luckily, Kim was there and she helped me get settled. I got breakfast and then went on a little walk around the building trying to clear my head.

By the time I got back to the locker rooms half of the players were there, each doing their thing. I decided to do one last round check on my phone when Lotte came up to me.

"Our new striker!" She said as she flung her arm over my shoulder. "How are we feeling on the day?" 

"Good. I'm ready to show you what I got." I said winking at her to which she winked back. At the same time a few more players came in including Beth and Leah. They were laughing and smiling, which disappeared from Leah's face as our eyes met for a split second. Beth however did not stop as her smile grew wider after seeing me. 

"Armiee!" She shouted as she approached me with wide arms. I smiled and braced myself for her death grip. After a few seconds, I couldn't breath but a small tap on her back made her aware of the situation, seeing that she let go almost immediately

"Where did you hear that name?" I asked, a little annoyed as only one person called me that. And I didn't like it.

"I have my sources." She winked as she made her way to get changed.

It was now time to officially head out to the pitch and start our warm ups. It wasn't anything I hadn't done before so it went quite well. Despite the one or two hiccups, which included Jill and Lotte falling over causing everyone else to fall like a line of dominos.

Training was very straightforward yet fun and interactive. It wasn't much different than at Chelsea but there was something about it that felt a little more authentic. We played games that tested us individually and as a team. By the time it ended I was beat but it was worth it. Jonas called me aside to say I was doing well. Both as a striker and a team member. I was glad things were well and compared to this morning, I was definitely more excited than nervous now.

Making my way into the canteen I was greeted by Vivienne and Katie who just got there as well. We got lunch and made our way up the table at which Beth was sitting. 

"Waiting for anyone special?" I said as she was sitting alone on her phone. She gave me a smug smile and shook her head signaling us to sit down. We did and conversations began to follow until Beth's head shot up into the air, the canteen's door had just opened so I turned to see who it was. As if it was an impulse move, once again my eyes decided they were gymnasts. Katie saw this and tried to hide her laugh as Leah made her way over to the table.

There was a chair next to Beth with a bag on it. It was right across from me and I was dreading having to look at her for the rest of my meal but surprisingly as she reached the table she stopped. Switching her focus on each person at the table and then on the now empty chair. She ran her fingers through her hair and cleared her throat before speaking