We're Matching

As the car drove into the complex I took a deep breath and tried to push all my anxiety aside. This experience would be just like the others, nothing to worry about. I couldn't wait to see everyone, Georgia had texted me to congratulate me and told me she planned on going out to celebrate the start of camp. I agreed to go because why not, I knew Morgan would be there but I had to move on and ignore her.

Staff took my luggage to my room that I was sharing with Beth. I was glad we were together so I'd have someone that knew all my worries and doubts. As if by faith, Beth walked in with Leah and immediately ran to hug me. Her hug was soft and at the moment it was what I really needed. Leah didn't say much, instead she shot me a quick smile before moving towards other players to greet them. After Beth gave me a pep talk, we went and did the same as Leah. Catching up with the girls as the camera crew started filming the interactions was easy. Soon the players that were coming from abroad started rolling in. Kiera and Lucy arrived together and Georgia soon behind them. As Georgia spotted me a big smile appeared on both our faces as she ran towards each other like little kids. As time went by the others arrived and eventually Morgan did as well. I wasn't near the entrance and almost completely forgotten about her when Leah walked up to me.

"The she-devil has arrived." She said as she stared at the doors to the hotel. I didn't bother to look back becuase if I made eye contact then my walls would come crashing down. Leah sent me a reassuring look which caught the attention of everyone around.

"What was that look?" Kiera joked as she signaled to Leah making her face go red.

Leah didn't reply and just rolled her eyes taking a seat besides me. Everyone knew about our rivalry, and unlike Beth they didn't know why it started or that it even ended. 

"I'll have you know, they've turned a new page." Beth boasted making everyone laugh.

"She's right, we're like best friends now." Leah joked as put her arm over my shoulder. I didn't think about it but my eyes immediately did a 360, since it was like an instinct when it came to Leah. She didn't see but the others did, causing everyone to burst into laughter yet again. This time the vibes were broken by a familiar voice, one that I was dreading.

"Tune me in on the joke eh?" Morgan smiled as she sat in a single chair. Lucy and Georgia got up to greet her while the rest of us just sat in silence with a small smile on our faces. Kiera's smile was the only one really genuine. As the greeting ended the area was filled with silence. It was slowly turning awkward yet no one wanted to say anything first. Leah decided to be the brave soldier.

"G, didn't you say you wanted to go out before training started?"

Georgia's face lit as she was reminded of her plans.

" Yes, and we wouldn't need to go far either. There is a nice bar on the compound. It's private so we'd be able to have fun." She explained.

We decided that we’d all go out and have some fun before our training begins. We’d meet at the bar in about an hour so that gave me a chance to do a facemask. I made sure to go first as Beth always stayed too long doing some nonsense. As Beth made her way to the bathroom, I stopped her, inquiring about the two outfit covers laying on the bed.

“The one on the left is for you. I think you deserve it.” She winked as she closed the bathroom door. I was confused but intrigued for the most part. Opening the zipper, it was a beautiful backless satin dress. It was black and it was paired with gold jewelry which was in a box placed on top of the cover. As I looked at myself in the dress I felt life race back up my body. It was the first time in a while I felt like having real fun. Fun that I used to have years ago, before Morgan. When I was wild and free and didn’t have anyone holding me back, or waiting for me at home. Fun I was going to have tonight. 

“Wow, I truly outdid myself.” Beth boasted as she looked at me admiring myself in the mirror for the fortieth time.

“You always do, but why did you get this dress?” I asked as I didn’t even see it with her luggage.

“Nothing really, I just saw it and it screamed revenge dress.” She joked as she dried her hair while passing around the room. I smiled, it was a revenge dress. I didn’t care what Morgan thought about me but getting her jealous isn’t a bad idea. Show her what she no longer has.

Beth got ready quite quickly and she looked stunning. She was wearing a gray suit and she curled her hair which made her even prettier than usual. We made our way quickly to the lobby where Alessia and Ella were waiting for us. They looked good as well. 

“All fashionably late I see.” Toone joked as we left the hotel. It didn’t take us long to get there as it was only a small bar on the compound. It was cozy and filled with small candles and fairy lights. It was an outside experience too as all the seats were outside leaving the inside for the staff/kitchen area. We gained everyone’s attention as we arrived not only for looking like models but for being so late. Just as we planned, no one could keep their eyes off me, with Millie and Rachel blowing whistles every time I looked their way. Beth and I found ourselves seated with Lucy, Georgia and Kiera. Soon after Morgan and Leah walked over with drinks, both definitely had more than a few drinks already as it showed with the way they walked. Morgan sat on the other end of the table as Leah took the empty seat beside me. 

“You look nice.” Leah said, not even looking at me, I had to wonder how she even saw me.

The compliment caught me off guard, I nodded and returned it without even thinking.

“You don't even know what I'm wearing.” She hissed as she looked at me and our eyes met. I froze, she was right I didn’t really look at her outfit at all. It was just an empty compliment. As I took in her outfit for the first time I couldn’t help but notice that we were almost matching. She was wearing a black suit and her jacket was lined with gold jewels. It was classy yet came off as casual.

“We’re matching!” I said as it was genuinely a nice surprise to see it happen. 

She smiled and then tilted her head toward Beth, who was not so secretly listening to our conversation. 

“She dressed me. Sent an outfit to my room and everything.” She said as she took a sip of her drink which was now almost done. I smiled but sent death glare to Beth as I realized that she had ulterior motives with the outfits.

The night continued steadily with drink after drink. It was mixed with laughter, dancing, and spinning rooms but for me it felt worth it. I was on top of the world and no one could take me down. I felt wild and free, the feeling I felt in the hotel room. A feeling I didn't want to go away. Then I would just be left to feel empty and lonely again. So, to keep and intensify the feeling, I did what old me would do. 

"Alexis, long time no see." Jamie walked up to me, stumbling slightly which caused me to laugh.

"Well if it isn't England's favorite Goalkeeper." I said, smiling from ear to ear as she sat down. "Well, after Mary." 

She laughed as the alcohol made anything sound like a joke. She didn't say anything and for a while we just watched the others have fun. Mary and Millie were dancing, Lotte and Beth were doing karaoke while everyone else acted as if they were at a concert. Some had left to go to bed early, but it was still a young and energetic night to go to sleep. Morgan got sick and left and I haven't seen Leah since, well, I don't know. 

All I could think about was the girl in front of me. She didn't appeal at all to my emotions, yet I wanted her. I wanted to forget just for one night what pain my body was in. The way her black hair fell below her shoulders, the half opened shirt that she got tired of fixing and the look on her face staring back at me said she could help me forget. Maybe I'd want to forget it in the morning, maybe it'll unlock something new. It could be bad or good but right now, in the moment and with the feeling, all I wanted was to have her. One body on the other. 

______________________________
A/N

Guysss. Finally I have delivered, so how are we feeling about these events. How will the other react? Will they even find out?

PS: Jamie is just a character so I could add this without using a real person...She doesn't matter much but I might get her a little description.