I Hope Not

As I had hoped, the following days went by quickly with training. Come next week we'd have our first game since being back from camp. It was against Liverpool(a/n: I don't remember if I had said another club already.) and I was definitely feeling ready. Once I was worried about facing Morgan on the pitch but now it was normal. We weren't friends but of course we'd keep it civil for the public eye. Most importantly, I was looking forward to the weekend. I had my outfit ready and even tried new hair styles in my free time. I felt like a schoolgirl again except back then I was dating guys that wanted to be rockstars. So yes it was a drastic difference in persons but I was acting no differently. It's weird that it never happened with Morgan. We just kinda happened, I never found myself in these situations. For some reason, I prefer it this way. 

The days were whining down and now I was left with only a day to go. I wanted it to end so badly. For practice to end so I could be sure that the day was actually going. It did but by then I felt old and wrinkly. Nevertheless, I wanted to go straight home so I could get everything in order. I had to clean the house, do laundry and set everything up. I even thought about not going to training but I quickly snapped myself out of the idea. My plans were halted though as Jonas called for a meeting. This was the absolute worst time he could do it. Despite the protest to myself, I walked into the room and took a seat beside Jen and just sat there, anxiously waiting for Jonas to arrive. Soon everyone was there except Jonas. Leah came in last and was standing at the back, though I was sure I could feel her eyes on me. Jonas came in and greeted everyone. He went over some updates and upcoming matches. Then he got to what he wanted to tell us about, Media Day. 

Cameras, microphones, games and reporters who don't know how to mind their own business. Many are well trained and respectful but there are some loose strips. I've personally had a few ask me inappropriate questions, over time I became better at ignoring them. I knew that with everything that happened publicly, they'd surely be coming for my neck. I wasn't worried though it would be fine and I'd enjoy myself mostly. After the meeting, I tried my best to escape before Leah would approach me but she stopped me right before I exited the room. 

"Trying to avoid me?" She asked as we walked towards the locker rooms. "I hope not."

"In your dreams." I answered, trying to hide my sweaty palms. She tried reaching for my hand but as she did, I saw a few members and drew my hand away. She stopped immediately and had a shocked look on her face. I turned back to her but didn't say anything until the girls walked off in the distance.

"You don't want to be seen with me?" She asked with a dramatic gasp. She could try to play it off all she wanted but I knew that could have a negative impact on her as that's what Morgan did. I didn't think about it before but now I really had to be sure I was careful with how I treat her. 

"I'm sorry, I just don't want to give anyone any ideas." I replied, now taking her hand back in my hand and moving a little closer to her which made her body freeze for a few seconds. 

"Any right ideas?" She leaned in and now our faces were centimeters away from each other. 

"We'll see after tomorrow." I said, backing away and giving her a wink. "Nothing is right until then." 

She rolled her eyes, let out a sigh then smiled. "Fine you win. For now" 
We walked to the locker room and got our things. She offered to drop me but I declined knowing that my house was an unpleasant sight to see. It took some time but she finally accepted and then left. I went home and started doing my duties. Slowly I realized that this house was becoming too much for me. It was the last thing I wanted but I was fully considering selling it. Maybe even moving nearer to work. Whatever I'd do I probably had to start thinking about it soon but not today, or this week. 

I completely finished by about 10 o'clock and was ready for beed soon after. I texted Leah and like the flash she replied instantly. We talked for about ten minutes then we said good night. I decided to text Beth as we hadn't really had much time together to talk and gossip. As I hoped she had tons to tell me and in return I gave her the updates on my love life. As if she didn't know it already, because she was helping Leah. She wouldn't admit it but I knew she was the mastermind.

-------------------

It felt like I slept for about five minutes but nevertheless I was up and ready and out the door on time. Nothing would ruin my day as long as I had control over it. Mom texted me today, and told me she'd be sending some pictures in the mail to me soon. She found a thumb drive with pictures and was going to get them printed. I told her it was a good idea and that I couldn't wait for them. I also told her that I had a date today. She didn't seem surprised but she was awfully very calm. Normally she'd be more excited than me. 

At work, things started to move slowly and no matter how much I did or how long I did it, the time was still the same. I was convinced that I was stuck in time at one point. Beth even approached me and told me to stop checking my watch so much. Truly, how could I when my mind was racing and slowly I was becoming more and more nervous?  As if the world was against me, as I was leaving I found myself walking right into Leah. She had a confused look on her face.

"Where are you hurrying to?" She asked, trying to hide her smug smile. I rolled my eyes and started to walk past her.

"Home. I signed up for a sewing class today." I said she slowly backed away.  She had a worried look on her face until she just rolled her eyes and smiled. 

"You have fun with that." She answered sarcastically. 

I left and made my way home quickly and started to get ready. I had to do many things and for some reason the time started to fly. 

Soon it was about an hour and a half until Leah was supposed to be here. I was in the dress and took my pictures as my mom and Beth asked. All I had to do now was wait. I sat in the living room with Pluto while he was playing with his ball. I was taking in my ceiling when I got the urge to have a drink. One glass of wine to help me relax. I made my way to the kitchen leaving my phone on the sofa. I took out the glass and then the bottle. I only poured out some when I heard my phone ringing. Resting the both on the counter I went for the phone and checked it while making my way back to the kitchen. 

There were ten plus (10+) messages of Aunt May screaming my name and telling me to answer the phone. Checking I found three missed calls from her and my body ran cold. I slowly dialed her number not wanting to hear what she had to say. What was wrong? Is my mom okay? Is she okay? She answered the phone and immediately she started crying. My heart was racing, I couldn't think straight and with all her crying I couldn't make out what she was saying. After a moment of trying to figure it out, I got upset and shouted at her.

"Shut up for a second and just tell what happened!" I let out and it did work as she calmed down and took a deep breath.

"Your mother was in a terrible accident." She barely managed to say but I wasn't hearing anything else.

The phone fell from my hand and onto the floor. I could hear the voice over the line calling my name. I couldn't answer, I couldn't speak. My legs stopped working and I was about to fall. In an attempt to steady myself I tried grabbing on the counter but instead I hit over the bottle and that caused the glass to fall to the ground. It made a loud noise but I couldn't even react to it. I felt my body slowly shut down and with that I fell hard on the ground. It didn't take long for Pluto to rush to my side, lucky I didn't fall on a larger piece of glass. I could still hear my aunt's voice practically screaming my name over the phone. I didn't black out or even close my eyes at all. I just laid there, in pain. I couldn't move or even say a word. I wasn't even sure if I was breathing. Soon the barking and all noises came to an end when I fell asleep. I didn't know if I was dying, but I knew that I needed rest. I figured it was the only time I could get myself together. That is if I did wake up.

______________________
A/n

I loved writing this chapter.

Also, what do you guys think?

And THANK YOU FOR 40K READS