You Like Them?

She walked into her room and I was left there, stunned. The following day I woke up early and did my morning routine. Mom and Aunt May were fast asleep so I didn't bother to make a big breakfast and just eat some cereal. I got my stuff and dropped Pluto off at his babysitter. Mr. and Mrs. Freeman weren't really his sitters but the two lovely, lonely old folks that loved him. I never worried about him when they had him.

There was some traffic as it was raining today, nevertheless the drive was relatively easy. I got to the training grounds within a good time frame and decided to get some food. As I walked into the canteen, I spotted Beth, Viv and Leah. I didn't go over to them immediately but eventually did after I got what I ordered from the chef. I sat beside Beth as Leah and Viv sat beside each other. The conversations were pleasant until Viv's face slowly gained a confused look.

"Why was I not informed that these two were friends now?" She asked Beth while pointing to us.

"Old news, get with the program." Leah joked but she didn't take her eyes off me. I normally had no problem staring at her but now with an audience, it was awkward. Well, that is how I saw it, to Leah, she probably didn't care as these were also some of her bestfriends.

We continued to talk and Beth kept throwing little jokes about me and Leah in the conversations. I was so close to elbowing her as she was thriving on the fact that I was annoyed by it. I would get her back but she wouldn't see it coming. 

Training went by quickly and compared to a few days ago, it was easy. I felt like I was back on top of my game and I was ready for our game soon.

Afterwards, I spent a long time in therapy as the doctor had to make sure I was in tip top shape again. When I was done, I was greeted by Leah who wanted to take me somewhere.

"I thought the date was this weekend?" I asked, as I followed her to the car.

"Think of it as a date before the date." She answered. "A pre-date."

I nodded and we got into the car and Leah let me pick the songs. I surprised as it was known that she liked to play DJ. It didn't take long before we were at a flower shop. It was small and beautiful. We went in and Leah approached the lady at the cashier as if she knew her. The lady smiled at me then went around to the back of the room and came back with a big bouquet of roses. They were white and red and looked like they cost a fortune. I couldn't hold my mouth in place as it kept on falling every time the thought of them being mine ran through my head. As she approached me, a big smile appeared on her face as she saw my reaction.

"You like them?" She asked, as she handed them to me.

"Yes, How did you know I liked roses?" I asked, still not losing the smile on my face." Are you stalking me?"

She laughed as we got back in the car. "Maybe." 

I laughed at the idea and came to the conclusion that Beth helped her. She tried to shut down the idea but I knew Beth and that's definitely her thing. I could imagine that she also gave Leah tips for the date too.

The drive to my house was fun and cheerful. We sang and Leah even rapped. She was a ball of sunshine when she wanted to be and I was happy I got to experience it. When I got home, she said goodbye and promised to call when she got home. I went straight inside and put the roses in water. I was going to take care of these till the end. 

I took a shower and found a little note from my mom. She said she left something on my bed for me which I surprisingly didn't notice the first time I entered the room. I opened the black box that was wrapped in gold string and saw a beautiful purple and gold dress. I knew it all too well as it was what my mom wore on her first date with my dad. I've seen many pictures of them on that day and always wanted to wear it. I saw a note that read 'Beth said you might need this.'

"Beth Mead." Was all that slipped out of my mouth as I really would kill this girl if she wasn't making my life a dream right now. For now, I appreciated her but soon, I'd pay her back. I couldn't imagine how many embarrassing stories my mom told her. It was a disaster zone.

I soon got a call from Leah and I was really the only thing that was delaying my sleep time. We talked for almost an hour until we couldn't stay awake anymore. We told each other good night and fell asleep instantly. Today was one of the best days of my life. I knew many would say I was exaggerating but I haven't left this happy in a while. Especially with that relationship hit, I was surprised I was giving Leah such an easy chance but I slowly started to trust her more and more.

We agreed that we'd give it a try if I really enjoyed the date. Despite that agreement, I felt as if I'd give her a chance even if it was a disaster. I never doubted that it was going to be perfect though. She was a big perfectionist and I could only imagine how stressed she probably was. Then again, if I asked the girl I hated for the last three years on a date, then I think I'd be nervous too. Seeing that I wasn't the one to ask, I shouldn't worry, or that's what I manipulated myself to think. 

----------------------------------

A/N

Double Upload??? I think yes.

Also, I can't wait to get rid of this happy mood.  Don't worry, It won't be very bad. lol